Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to order L shaped wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where to order L shaped wire?

I know the dealer sells them at ~$10 each. Considering each plug takes 2 of these, and there are 6 plugs total the cost is ridiculous. These shouldn't be more then a couple bucks each.

Anyone know where to order the green wires other then the dealer? The white, yellow and gray housings are damn cheap from the dealer fortunately.

Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

I can't really remember, but I believe the windshield washer bottle sensor uses these plugs as well.
    So if you're deleting it, there ya go.

You break this piece open and it's inside:

INNOVATION

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

nothing coming up on pelican, you sure you got the pn right?

Comment

That's the euro part number or something idk.
        I went through the same crap trying to wire my Euros and ended up using other pieces of e30 plugs that are designed the same, but used for other things that fit.
        From parted cars of course.

Like the wiring set pictured there for Euro lights is $70 new and I wasn't really up for that :/

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yes, they are expensive because they are water tight. Don't know any way around it besides getting used ones. You can get them from euro cars or if you are savy you can get them from the junkyard off various BMWs.
          Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-22-2012, 12:02 AM.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

^^yeah.

For example, this is a OBC Temperature Sensor. The one located in your brake duct.
            The plug is exactly the same as Euro Lights for the low-beams. (Which is what I'm using from parted cars).

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Damn remember paying for these when I did my headlight conversion! They were only $50 a couple years ago
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

E34 doors have a bunch of em in there too, go to a yard and pull a door panel off.

Comment

Working...
                X