Spun out in the snow today...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    ive had so shit like that happen to me and i decided to buy a jeep and keep my cars safe, best thing ive ever done, but now picture spinning in a lifted jello suspension'd jeep it took some getting used to

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Hmm I'll haft to look more into it

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
    I've been temped to take a bmwcca class to learn a bit better car control , I didn't know it was that cheap though do you need to be a coca member to take one?
    You do not need to be a BMWCCA member to take part in their car control class. Its a bit more expensive if your not, but only by about $20. Class usually includes lunch, and mine was from 8am-5pm. Totally worth it.

    Originally posted by nando
    how about $400 for a set of snow tires? costco has a $100 off coupon right now.
    Dont have to drive in the snow enough. Spend most of my time at the coast. But I will definitely have the right equipment next time I go some where snowy.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    how about $400 for a set of snow tires? costco has a $100 off coupon right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    I've been temped to take a bmwcca class to learn a bit better car control , I didn't know it was that cheap though do you need to be a coca member to take one?

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    started a topic Spun out in the snow today...

    Spun out in the snow today...

    If anyone has been second guessing taking the BMW CCA Car Control Clinic (or other car control class), you should put away the $150 bucks and sign up for a class ASAP. I took the class this year to get my driving skills sharper and to hopefully get my self some track time soon. I didn't think I would ever need what I learned to save my life or the life of my passengers and car off the track.
    I was driving back home from Leavenworth WA today in my '84 325e along with my brother, brother in law, and nephew, when I hit a real nice patch of slippery stuff at about 35-40mph. Spun the car right into the oncoming lane. Luckily there was no traffic coming our way. Steered into the spin and got the car back into our lane and into the shoulder. There was no thinking involved. Just a reflex from my driving school.
    My brother in law was yelling like a little girl "OH BOY HERE WE GO." lol
    Slapped the chains on the back wheels and made it home in one piece.
    Now I am seriously thinking of getting a Subaru for my DD. Everyone around here drives one.

    COOL STORY BRO!

    But seriously. Take the class. You'll need it some day.
Working...