Paging r3v detectives... Whos car is this :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
    Just for the record, is everyone here aware that car was built for less than $2000? Having competed in that event twice myself, it's not easy.
    They must have spent all the money on wheels,if that is the case they got a DEAL
    I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Wheels and a few other things were added later by the 2nd owner iirc
      Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
      past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

Thats some mind blowing shit right there... RIP little e30
        IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Who cares about the hacked to hell E30. The real tragedy is that RS4.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            Who cares about the hacked to hell E30. The real tragedy is that RS4.
            All Audis are overpriced junk.

Comment

Originally posted by 2003wrx64 View Post
              All Audis are overpriced junk.
              Not really...
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                Not really...
                The only thing special about that audi is that its rare

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Not really...
                  My step mother has one an a4. Always something wrong with it, parts are marked up crazy, it's not really that nice to boot.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

You win some, you lose some. I had great luck with my MKV GLI, only issues I had with it were covered no questions asked under warranty.

Sometimes you get a lemon, but to say they are all overpriced junk is a strong statement to make.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      My step mother has one an a4. Always something wrong with it, parts are marked up crazy, it's not really that nice to boot.
                      comparing an a4 to an rs4 is a bit like comparing an eta to an e30 m3 sport evo.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Gentlemen, give it a rest. It was vorshlags labor of love. That's an awesome car for $2011. Very few could replicate it with that budget constraint. This car was purpose built to race, not car shows. Let's be honest, it didnt look that bad either.
                        Nobody could realistically build that car for that little amount of cash. Donated hours, you live in a shop, Parts were given to you. It's just not possible.

Now that being said numerous times it WAS a super cool car and did well. But I would have loved to say I claim your car if I had been competing with some other hooptie.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Fans of one kind of German car saying another German car isn't as good is retarded. Enthusiasts need to stick together.
                          1991 318i SOLD
                          2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            Nobody could realistically build that car for that little amount of cash. Donated hours, you live in a shop, Parts were given to you. It's just not possible.

Now that being said numerous times it WAS a super cool car and did well. But I would have loved to say I claim your car if I had been competing with some other hooptie.

You are wrong. I have been part of 2 GRM $20xx builds, and they are built for that amount, period. Parts given to you (or anything that doesn't have a receipt) is considered fair market value. If the judges call you on it, they go to ebay/craigslist/forums to see what the parts sell for. Cars are painted with Rustolem sprayed through an HVLP gun, junkyard parts are cleaned and made pretty etc. It's all about the hours put into it and coming up with ways to get what you need for the least amount of money possible. Safety equipment is excluded (cages, SFI rated parts for the sub-11sec cars etc). Like I already said in this thread, people get creative with stuff like buying a $10 filing cabinet to make box flairs. All the builds are required to have a build book, receipts etc.

You need to read the rules. That $2000 is primarily parts/materials to build the car, you can get your purchase money back from selling off bits that you don't use (interior etc) up to $1000. Buy a $1000 car, sell off $1000 in parts and you have the entire budget for the go-fast goodies. Some people there even just buy a $2000 car that has been modified by the previous owner and bring it to the event.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
                              Fans of one kind of German car saying another German car isn't as good is retarded. Enthusiasts need to stick together.
                              what
                              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                                comparing an a4 to an rs4 is a bit like comparing an eta to an e30 m3 sport evo.
                                Vehicle level doesn't matter when talking about maintenance issues, failures that are similar on all models of the same platform. One of my clients has an s4 and he deals with the same issues as my step-moms a4, and my aunts a6. When they are running good, fine, but they are always in the shop and they spend insane amounts of money to keep them going, on top of the high price tag.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X