Post your CUT CORNERS hackjob on your E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your CUT CORNERS hackjob on your E30

I threw my e-brake assembly/cables etc to HELL on my E30.

looks greats, hauls ass, everything is cherry on the car.

no e-brake.

it's my dirty shame.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Don't encourage us
    sigpic

Comment

I never cut corners when I had my e30.

Only just rounded them...a little.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

PO:
        Ghetto-rigged a fuel line
        Threw out the washer fluid bottle
        Bypassed heater-core lines
        Put straight up water in the coolant (brown coolant means rusted block? Hopefully not..)

Saving one from the grave? Probably..

However, the only corner I cut on my e30 was the throttle body heater bypass. Besides that, always finished the job right

Comment

i switched my passenger side sport seat for my driver side because it was in better condition the only thing is now i cant adjust the seat thats about it
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

My subframe bushings aren't installed correctly. They should be pressed into the subframe another 3/8" or so. I couldn't get them to when it was out of the car, so I assumed they'd compress with I put the subframe back in, and torqued the subframe bolts. They didn't. And FUCK taking that whole assembly out again. I'll do it when I have to take the whole thing back out again, unless someone knows of an easy fix.

The window seal on my pass. door also needs to be adjusted a hair forward. That, too, is a fucking bitch to do.

Comment

cut corners? what's the point?

your just fuckin yourself later when you wish you fixed it properly from the start
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

^lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  cut corners? what's the point?

your just fuckin yourself later when you wish you fixed it properly from the start
                  BMW decided to use a complex pandoras box with their e-brake design. I got fed up with tweaking it, so it's just gone.

Comment

RTV'd my drain plug instead of changing the pan...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      My subframe bushings aren't installed correctly. They should be pressed into the subframe another 3/8" or so. I couldn't get them to when it was out of the car, so I assumed they'd compress with I put the subframe back in, and torqued the subframe bolts. They didn't. And FUCK taking that whole assembly out again. I'll do it when I have to take the whole thing back out again, unless someone knows of an easy fix.

The window seal on my pass. door also needs to be adjusted a hair forward. That, too, is a fucking bitch to do.
                      I ran into this problem as well. i came to the conclusion that its because my frame rails are bent a little bent. so what i did was hone out the subframe a little bit with a dremel to get that extra play that i needed. but not too much because they're sleeved. worked perfectly.

credit for the idea goes to my stepdad though. good luck man.

i had to break the tab that held my exhaust up and so when i put it back it on i had to find a way to keep it back up lol. i never drove like this, but whenever i moved my car this is how it was help up.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by J.Rizo; 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM.
                      sigpic
                      @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                      Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Ohhhh, this is a great thread!

My antenna mast broke, so I just snipped the whole thing off and capped it with some sort of aerosol can cap that I literally found on the ground where my car was parked. :)

Comment

Could "cut corners" be determined by how many zip ties are currently holding various parts of the car together?

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
                            Could "cut corners" be determined by how many zip ties are currently holding various parts of the car together?
                            zip ties aren't cutting corners, they're pure genius, heavens little gift to earth, tiny little miracles in all of our toolboxes.
                            sigpic
                            @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                            Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
                              in that case, see my left eurogrill assembly.

tab snapped off, ziptie to the rescue...no-one is the wiser.

Comment

Working...
                              X