Anyone else considering buying an i3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else considering buying an i3?

After driving the Leaf and the Tesla S, I think I am on board with buying an all electric car. Although the Tesla S is the best car I've ever driven, I can't bring myself to pay $80k for any car. The Leaf was cool, but a little cheap feeling interior wise. I'm thinking the i3 will be a good middle ground between the two if it's priced less than $40k.
    sigpic

Can you buy it or is it kinda like a Mini E that is just a long term lease?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor
      Subaru BRZ STI I will be getting one the day it comes out and likely say goodbye to the E30s.
      Originally posted by herbivor
      BTW, My E30 is going on the market when I can find time to post it.
      did you buy a brz or tesla yet?

Comment

I will be getting the BRZ STI, but it won't be available for a couple years. The Tesla S, I was literally about to put the down payment on but backed off because I just can't bring myself to paying $80k for a car, even if it were a super car. The i3 comes out next year and should be priced under $40k if rumors are correct. But yes, when the STI or i3 comes out, I will be selling the E30 for sure.
        sigpic

Comment

I still don't understand the electric car craze. While it is cleaner, the electricity has to come from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
            I still don't understand the electric car craze. While it is cleaner, the electricity has to come from somewhere.
            Have you driven one? I'm not buying one because they are good for the environment or a cheaper fuel source. If that were my concern I'd bike everywhere.
            sigpic

Comment

Nope, it's just a really ugly golf cart.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                Have you driven one? I'm not buying one because they are good for the environment or a cheaper fuel source. If that were my concern I'd bike everywhere.
                They why are you buying?

Comment

Would you really want this in your driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by brianao34 View Post
                    They why are you buying?
                    Handling, ride quality, instant torque, quietness. It's not the same experience you can get from an ICE car. ICE cars are nice too and have cool things that no electric car could deliver, and I still want to own something like a BRZ, but for daily driving I think EV is the way to go.
                    sigpic

Comment

I still like the idea of you riding your bike better.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                        like solar, wind, hydro, *gasp* nuclear?

heck, even natural gas. ironically the shale oil boom has contributed to a significant decline in GHG emissions from the USA. we almost matched the kyoto accord goals without even doing anything, like exporting our pollution to other countries like the EU does and then counting it as meeting emissions targets.

aside from that - the i3 is pretty damn fugly. iM3?

I wonder what the market for a used Tesla S will be in a couple years?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

buy a Prius and save thousands over the price of a BMW.

And if you need the satisfaction of the roundel, pay me a few grand and I'll happily glue a couple roundels to it so you can sleep better at night beliveing you own a BMW. It'll be the cheapest, most efficient and reliable BMW you've ever owned!
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

^ the prius and i3 are not very similar. he already said he isnt buying it for efficiency or cost.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by e30hijinks
                            I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                              Would you really want this in your driveway?
                              car's so fugly it makes the lazy postmodern architecture in the background look good by comparison.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                              X