Lojack system left behind from dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lojack system left behind from dealer?

Fiance recently bought a '99 bmw 328i. The lojack system was left behind, all we can see is the antenna running up to the drivers side sun visor. I've read other things saying that if anything is cut, nothing will happen? Just double checking here, cause I'd rather not cut it and then not have the car start. Ideas? Solutions? Anything appreciated thanks
    sigpic

Trace the antenna back to the control unit, then remove all related wiring while also returning any modified stock wiring back to stock. Simple as that.

Comment

Why not just keep it?

If you don't want it. What Nitro said.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I used to work for LoJack. It can only be turned on when requested by local PD.

I heard but not 100% sure that if your car is stolen the local PD can still track your car and recover it. Even if you did not pay for the LoJack. Onced equipped with it, it should work anytime.

Id keep it installed in the car.
        Sent from my V55 using Tapatalk 2
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
          I used to work for LoJack. It can only be turned on when requested by local PD.

I heard but not 100% sure that if your car is stolen the local PD can still track your car and recover it. Even if you did not pay for the LoJack. Onced equipped with it, it should work anytime.

Id keep it installed in the car.
          Sent from my V55 using Tapatalk 2
          IIRC, they also have their own power supply. So if you keep it, I would recommend taking it to a Lojack service center and having the battery replaced.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
          X