Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I sell my e36? How much is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I sell my e36? How much is it worth?

I have a very nice condition Daytona Violet e36 that I am thinking of selling because I have my e30 and a 95 touring. I dont think I need two sports cars and the touring seems like a reliable daily (but so does the s50 swapped e30). So I am thinking of selling my e36 - but what is it worth?

It has a Dinan chip, Dinan full exhaust, euro airbox, 3.5 MAF, front and rear eibach springs, front and rear eibach sways, rear strut tower bar, interior floor bar, billy sports, reulpholstered black head liner, lighter pullies, ZKW glass lights, and everything has been tastefully done. The paint is in AMAZING condition!

The thing that is making it hard for me to let this car go is the low mileage (136,000), the paint (especially since deep purple is my favorite color), and the original lightweight "M motorsport" stamped euro wheels with 255s in the back. The car drives amazingly! Sooooo Solid. The worst parts about this car is the front vaders arent in the best shape since they are worn, the car has the usual e36 window issue (they go up and down when you want to roll them up), and the front HID lowbeam is out (which shouldnt be a big deal). Otherwise the car is perfect.

I do however, need some cash. SO two questions:

How much can this go for reasonably?

and

Would it be good to buy some DS2s or DS1s to sell the euro wheels separately? - How much can those Euro wheels go for anyway?

Here are some cell phone pics of it.

So - let me know the input.

the e30 is not a sports car.

hell, a standard e36 m3 is pretty borderline for me. maybe an e36 m3 LTW.

these are sports sedans.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

I'll give you two stick of gum and a paperclip for it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I see them in that condition on CL in Cali for about 7000-9000. They have jumped up a bit sins a few years ago. Use to go for about 6000.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          I'll give you two stick of gum and a paperclip for it.
          fuck that. i'll give you the rest of my sammich.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Good looking car. Would drive. GLWS.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Unless you find an enthusiast that values the mods, the car is worth what the year, mileage, and condition would dictate. NADA average for your area is probably a decent staring point.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

as i sit here on this xmas eve reading this thread, i think back to all the cars i've through out my life that i've sold for next to nothing. if i would of just taken 3 or 4 of them and tucked them away in a barn some where. the money i got for them at the time i probably pissed away in a few days any way. to mention a few that where in very good shape or better.
                67 buick gransport
                2x 62 chevy novas, one was a 283 and ran like a raped ape
                1973 chrysler newport custom 440 cubes
                1966 olds 98, full power
                1955 buick century

all these i sold for peanuts.
                tuck that puppy away and let ur kids take it to their senior prom.
                sigpic

Comment

nice carr glws!

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
                    tuck that puppy away and let ur kids take it to their senior prom.

And watch them trash it thoroughly since it means nothing to them.

IJS
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I might keep it for some time and drive it very minimally to save it from mileage. The value in them may go up a little bit or I might find someone later who really wants it.

Comment

i'd buy it for $8000 with DS2's. but that's because i don't love the steering wheel, shift knob, or dove interior.

for someone who does love those things, it may go for $9000-9500. i say that you should fix those few things wrong with it, return it to stock cosmetically, and then price it at that level and wait to sell since you're not pressured to get rid of it.

Comment

I'd have a hard time getting rid of that. I love the color. Pics of the touring?

Comment

I would pay in a buyers perspective with all the added mods, probably around $7500-8500. Car looks nice!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                            Originally posted by scabzzzz
                            I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                            1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                            2002 325i - DD
                            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Is it an M3, a 325i, or a 328i? Nobody can give correct advice until we know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X