Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tig welding rates

Hello r3v,

I have had experience tig welding in the past. Issue is I do not have access to a tig welder. I have a couple aluminum parts I needed welded and wasn't sure what a correct rate was to charge. Need to weld intercooler piping, bov vband flange, oil pan tap for return line, etc.

I would consider purchasing a tig because I enjoy welding but its not in the budget, and should be moving soon. Gotta pack everything into the e30.

Thanks

Originally posted by Poor Adam View Post
    Hello r3v,

I have had experience tig welding in the past. Issue is I do not have access to a tig welder. I have a couple aluminum parts I needed welded and wasn't sure what a correct rate was to charge. Need to weld intercooler piping, bov vband flange, oil pan tap for return line, etc.

I would consider purchasing a tig because I enjoy welding but its not in the budget, and should be moving soon. Gotta pack everything into the e30.

Thanks
    I would expect 40-80 per hour depending on the place. A lot of welding guys don't want to mess with a little job like that. Also, having good fit of the parts will make it easier and cheaper for the weldor.
    sigpic

Comment

You should look around town for smaller family type welding shops. They will be more willing to do small jobs. A small shop here in SF CA welded some steering arms together for me after I cut them down for my 2002 project for $50. You should be able to find some one. If not there is always JB weld lol
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

My Fabricator charges 100 hr, cant see any reason why that couldnt be done in less than a hour if everything is marked, clean and ready to weld

Comment

I might have a hook up from a guy but we aren't buddy buddy but know each other well enough... So wasn't sure if it could be like a 6 pack kinda job. I know tig takes a good amount of practice and a steady hand but seems like I could do all the parts in .5 hours

Comment

I think my guy charges like 90? Hes way to good and luckily were buds so I get a decent deal. My guy would gladly do all of that at the shop on the side as he builds race cars all day. I would search and try to find someone who is good and does stuff in the field ie Vbands and mandrel bends

Comment

Most welders i know wont say hello for less than $50.

That being said, if you show up with shiny clean parts with tight gaps you can get a lot of work done for that $50. $50- $100 an hour for high quality tig is reasonable in my book.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I usually charge $75 an hour with a 1/2 minimum. But i charge the actual time i spend. If it is something simple and quick, i charge less.
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                X