No announcement yet.

How did I ever live without you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pickle forks fuck up the boots. what you want is a ball joint seperator. you can get a decent one from HF for about $15.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      pickle forks fuck up the boots. what you want is a ball joint seperator. you can get a decent one from HF for about $15.
      True but I have had good success with how fork is positioned and used. I pull down the boot as close to base as possible before I insert the fork. If the boot is in good condition this usually work fine. If not the rod or arm should be replaced anyway. I agree that a separator is golden.

Comment

I just whack a BFH to the side of the ball joint and it pops right out!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
        Originally posted by scabzzzz
        I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
        1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
        2002 325i - DD
        2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by qwerte View Post
          I recently picked up this Ingersoll Rand W7150.

So far I have only changed a set of wheels, but this thing barely flinched when taking off the lug nuts. Of course, I torque them by hand as this will easily over torque pretty much any nut/bolt I come across on my vehicles.

I hoping they release a ratchet to use the same batteries.
          very nice piece.. if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? I've been looking at impacts and I love all the air driven Ingersolls we have at the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
            This works too but not on every job. I whacked the crap out of mine to the point that I thought I might damage the knuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
              Originally posted by graveshaker View Post
              This works too but not on every job. I whacked the crap out of mine to the point that I thought I might damage the knuckle.
              Been a career tech since 04 and I have yet to find a ball joint that won't release with a few solid hits.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I gotta say o2 sensor socket and fan clutch tool are two that are high up on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Been a career tech since 04 and I have yet to find a ball joint that won't release with a few solid hits.
                  True, A friend of mine helped me do the CV's on the front of my old outback. I was cringing at how hard he was hitting it, but after 6-7 hits the ball joint dropped right out.
                  Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

MIG welder, and impact gun. My favourite tools ever.
                    1990 BMW 325is 5spd Black
                    2005 Subaru Impreza 5spd
                    2015 Yamaha FZ-07

Comment

Kevlar sleeves. Fear no exhaust manifold!!

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                        very nice piece.. if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? I've been looking at impacts and I love all the air driven Ingersolls we have at the shop.
                        x2. that one looks nice and compromising.

Comment

Originally posted by nick526 View Post
                          Kevlar sleeves. Fear no exhaust manifold!!
                          Yes!
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Cordless impact is next on my list of needed tools.

I would have to agree on the ratcheting wrenches...love those
                            1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                              Its was just under $500 with the extra battery at tooltopia.com

I don't have air, and have dealt with weak battery and corded impacts previously, so I decided to make a leap of faith based on reviews I had read.

Comment

Working...
                              X