Car Wash Scuffs/Scratches wtf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Wash Scuffs/Scratches wtf.

To get this out of the way, am I mad bro? Yes, I'm mad bro.

Finally got my M3 back on the road after waiting a several weeks for a power steering hose (ended up just having my old one re-done) and decided to hit the local car wash to get a simple wash to tidy things up.

FYI, I usually wash/wax my own car and only really did this since I seem to have the flu and really wasn't up for a wash and the car needed it. Not ever going to use one in the future now.

See the pics/video below (sorry cell phone/night). Has anyone had this happen before? I only noticed it on my way home from the car wash when I stopped at CVS to get some cold medicine.

The car wash closed right when I noticed it so I called and left a message asking them to contact me when possible and that I had noticed scratches.

The damage is obviously done by a machine. How bad do you think I have to fight them for repairs or is this a common occurrence where they just cover you? The paint doesn't seem like a big deal but they did a nice job gouging the glass. It goes from the bottom passenger corner of the back window to the front corner of the drivers' side of the trunk spoiler.

Lastly, no, Vlad does not own the car wash.

There is a puddle in the spoiler which is why it looks weird with the light reflection.

instagram: @tonerrrr
    High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Ouch
    www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

9 times out of 10 they won't cover it. If you look around the signs will say they are not responsible for any damage.

You can try, but chances are you're boned.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I guess warning other people would be the only thing I could do? Definitely interested in seeing what they say tomorrow. They have been there since I can remember so it seems like they would want to keep a good reputation with their local customers.

They have a detail place right next door so I'm sure they can take care of the trunk paint, just dunno about the glass.

Comment

never use the car wash

Comment

I hate washing cars, I never do. I only use hand car washes tho. I wouldn't even take my Jeep through one of those.
            I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
            Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

The trunk will buff out. You out of luck on the trim and window. Sorry to see this
              harry/harout

Comment

had this happen to a customer, after fighting with the carwash for about a month they finaly paid for the damages.

Comment

Wow I'd be hella pissed. Exactly why I only hand wash my cars.

Comment

Damn man that sucks...but likely, you're SOL. Most, if not all car washes won't take responsibility for damage to the car. It's hard to tell in the pictures but would that buff out or is it actually a scratch into the paint?
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Added a couple more pics... Paint looks fixable for the most part other than maybe a couple spots. Funny thing is the car is already dirty ugh!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	7149251

Name:	DSC01073.JPG
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	7149252

Name:	DSC01072.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	7149253

Name:	DSC01071.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	7149254

Comment

don't go by what everyone else on here is saying.

Several years ago, i worked at a car wash and accidentally srpayed concrete cleaner on the windshields and paintwork of several cars (I thought I was using bug cleaner). Had my GF go thru and I left waves in her windshield (it was dengerous to drive the thing b/c you couldn't see clearly outta it!).

The car wash had to repaint several cars and give others new windshields, etc. I wasnt' at fault as I had only been on the job for about a week and when I asked for help, the staff were asshats to me. Oh well, their costly mistake, not mine
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

that's jacked, gl
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

wait a sec..you drove your m3....into an automatic car wash?.....the ones w the big spinning brushes?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              don't go by what everyone else on here is saying.

Several years ago, i worked at a car wash and accidentally srpayed concrete cleaner on the windshields and paintwork of several cars (I thought I was using bug cleaner). Had my GF go thru and I left waves in her windshield (it was dengerous to drive the thing b/c you couldn't see clearly outta it!).

The car wash had to repaint several cars and give others new windshields, etc. I wasnt' at fault as I had only been on the job for about a week and when I asked for help, the staff were asshats to me. Oh well, their costly mistake, not mine
                              I hope you're right. I'll know for sure by 5:30 today...

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                              wait a sec..you drove your m3....into an automatic car wash?.....the ones w the big spinning brushes?
                              Yes. Never really knew something like this could happen. I've seen plenty of nicer or newer cars go through this place with no problem. This is a true eye opener, like I said, I usually just wash my own car but I have the flu and just didn't feel up to doing the Karate Kid routine.

I'm wondering if this happened to my car, what happened or IS happening to cars today/yesterday...

Also, my M3 does not have perfect paint. Clear isn't peeling anywhere or anything like that but it could definitely use a polish and there are a couple pings here and there from the PO. I used these guys since it needed more cleaning than the touch free could offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X