No announcement yet.

Its time for a new E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you going to use the car for? DD use? All year or just summers? The M42 would get better mileage but it's possible to get 30mpg with an M20B25 also.

Also, the early Euro 316i/318i was the lightest E30 chassis ;)
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
      so far the 318iS is winning it lol and if i do a 24 valve swap it would be the S54.
      seriously dont cut up a 318is for a swap car, they only made them for one year , if you want to buy a car just to swap it buy a car like an eta because etas are not that rare and nobody cares if you destroy one
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

M10 318. Do it.
        sigpic

Comment

look for a 325iS, and if an M42 falls in your lap, then scoop it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
            What are you going to use the car for? DD use? All year or just summers? The M42 would get better mileage but it's possible to get 30mpg with an M20B25 also.

Also, the early Euro 316i/318i was the lightest E30 chassis ;)
            30MPG with an M20B25? The most I've ever gotten is like 26 on the highway only

Comment

Originally posted by zig553 View Post
              30MPG with an M20B25? The most I've ever gotten is like 26 on the highway only
              You have to pay attention to it, but going by the OBC (which I do reset to keep myself honest) I've done it pretty regularly. I actually tend to do worse on the highway.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I bought my 318is with the original intention of swapping it imediately. After driving the car i decided it was more fun than my 325is i had before. Its a different experience but i drive tthe car everyday like i stole it and have soo much more fun with it
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                  i drive the car everyday like i stole it
                  I can personally attest to this.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Go with the M42. I agree with the others, you have to drive it like you stole it. The M42 comes alive after 3500 RPM. Prices are going up on the 91 318is, good ones are hard to find since most have been ridden hard and left out to dry, wet. The 91 318is is considered a poor man's E30 M3. If you can't find a decent 318is, consider the 91 4 door 318i. There are some great deals to be found on the 91 sedan 318i M42 since it doesn't have the sport package, (sport seats, basketweave alloys, front spoiler, OBC, etc...) but it does have 4 door utility.

G-Man
                    74 2002tii (many mods)
                    86 325 (sold)
                    88 325is (sold)
                    89 325i (totaled)
                    91 318is (parted out)
                    91 318i
                    98 Tacoma Prerunner (parts hauler)

Comment

It all boils down to the sort of driving experience you want in a vehicle without sacrificing all the other things one might easily do without on those mornings where the sun shines down on world filled with mediocre japanese vehicles and even worse domestic/US vehicles made of pig iron and bubble gum of a flavor not worth chewing since chewing it for too long makes your jaw sore while you realize that what really matters is that you start with a car you are going to END up being happy with rather than a car you’ll end up spending a fortune on in a vain attempt to transform it into a vision which may or not be in your head.
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                      X