FYI on Rockauto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI on Rockauto

no affiliation just happen to get their monthly newsletter and saw this , prices seem very reasonable not sure of quality as im used to using lemforder parts . not available for the E30 IX

ÜRO Parts Suspension Kits

ÜRO Parts Suspension Kits are now in the RockAuto catalog for select BMW (E30, E32, E34, E36, E38, E39, and E46 chassis) and Mercedes-Benz (W123 chassis) vehicles. ÜRO Parts suspension kits ensure all major wear items such as control arms, tie rods, bushings and sway bar links are replaced simultaneously. This maximizes improvements in vehicle safety and handling and reduces wear on other parts like the tires and steering gear. Find ÜRO Parts Suspension Kits in the "Suspension" category.

In addition to suspension kits, RockAuto offers ÜRO Parts' other diverse product lines covering body, electrical, suspension, steering, cooling, air conditioning and more. ÜRO Parts products fit vehicles by Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, and Volvo. ÜRO Parts offers quality products at competitive prices. Every part undergoes one or more of the following measures in order to make certain that each part meets or exceeds OE standards for fitment, function, durability, and design:
    1. Installation and extended use of the part in real world conditions
    2. Laboratory testing of rubber and metal compounds for tensile strength, shear strength, compression strength, elasticity, stiffness, etc., under extreme conditions
    3. Intensive factory and local inspection including verification using original samples and engineering drawings to ensure consistent quality every time
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2
    89 325IX
    92 R100GS/PD
    :)

They sell all the regular parts too. I got moog balljoints for both sides for under 60 bucks. Most ships from England so it takes a bit.
    sigpic

Comment

Uro. For when OEM was too good...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

rockauto is the bomb-diggity.

Comment

URO are shit parts. But Rockauto does sell some name brand stuff sometimes, I got beck/arnley tie rod assemblys for $12 a peice.
          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

I have URO swaybar end links on my car and they seem to be holding up fine but I wouldn't use some things like control arms or ball joints.
            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
            Bimmerbuddies LLC
            717-388-1256
            2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
            bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

uro parts are junk...ask anyone with an m42 how that plastic coolant pipe from uro worked out
              1991 318is ---230K - DD
              1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
              so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

They are also closing out a lot of E30 parts at a deep discount.

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true

I picked up my high pressure steering pump hose there for $42 shipped or something like that. Good part from edelman or gates, can't remember which.
                1990 325is - sterling silver, very nice, maybe for sale

Comment

Bought a ton of cheap shit off there for my truck. 90 bucks for quick struts? Yeah ill try that out!

I've been happy just scouring ebay. Got a few solid deals on meyle hd parts by using the best offer thingy.
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

I've never received a URO part that I was happy with.

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                      URO are shit parts. But Rockauto does sell some name brand stuff sometimes, I got beck/arnley tie rod assemblys for $12 a peice.
                      I got in on that deal too. They were awesome for the price.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

looking for e28 front-end stuff, what do I have to do in order to find the front end kits?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

I bought Delphi control arms from them. Started making noise after a month. I am not pleased.
                          -Andy

Comment

its still about the brand you buy, RA has great prices on all brands but when you have half a dozen parts for $40-50 and one for $15 you really shouldnt expect great things from the cheap one unless its a manufacture close out of a good brand which does happen on RA pretty frequently.

Im currently pondering their axle options, none look very good but hey if i can get a $50 axle to last me a couple months untill i can get a good oem one to refresh and swap in it might not be that bad.
                            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                            Bimmerbuddies LLC
                            717-388-1256
                            2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                            bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                              I bought Delphi control arms from them. Started making noise after a month. I am not pleased.
                              If you've ever been in a Delphi parts plant, you'd totally understand why.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X