New E30 owner and member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 owner and member

Hey, just got my title for my 1987 or 88 not sure... 325.. I haven't been around it recently because its currently out of town, but i believe it's a super eta. Anway, I'll post pics when I get it up here. But for now I was wondering what i should set my priorities on modifying. Any advice helps.

Welcome!

Most people like to lower there cars, but definitely do maintenance first. check timing belt, waterpump, fluid changes etc.

Good luck and PICS!
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Everything's in the clear for maintenance! actually just got the timing belt changed, and pics ASAP.

Comment

Also I'm looking to any cheap mods (not trying to break the bank here) that'll make the car feel better, maybe a slight performance enhancement

Comment

put in a better filter..could do a simple exhaust swap and maybe get a cheap chip
          sigpic
          93 325i 120k
          mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
          future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

Id say a Chip would be a good start. Get a high flow air filter i suggest K&N, dont need a cone filter it just makes noise no real hp gain over the airbox filter cause of the massive air restriction of the airflow meter aka AFM and then a exhaust set up. Those are the typical things to start with.
            Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I would start with a nice set of coilovers or springs depends on what you like.

Comment

found a chip on Ebay,are there alot of scammers on there?

Comment

Actually, the first thing you should do is a smoke test to make sure that there is no vacuum leak in your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                    Actually, the first thing you should do is a smoke test to make sure that there is no vacuum leak in your engine.
                    Agreed. Would've saved me many hours.

Welcome! Let's see those pics!
                    - Josh
                    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                    X