No announcement yet.

Reminiscing: Stupid Things you did to/with your Car when You were Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 years old: 3rd gear drift attempt, ended up on a median where everybody saw my lame attempt at drifting. Almost went into the oncoming lanes, but in the end, stayed atop the median with a busted up oil pan and destroyed the underside of my core support. Still drive that e30 to this day!

Headlight wire fried so I removed my dash thinking that was the best course of action, all to replace one single wire, and left the car like that for about 6 months in deep depression because I couldn't figure out how to put it back together.

Last year: Went about 120 on the highway with snow tires on, man was that scary!! I felt the car twist a little on the tires somehow and immediately slowed.

Not super dumb, but still up there on the dumb-o-meter.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
    2002 325i - DD
    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Remember cruising? I put a bicycle on top of a Jeep Wrangler then pedaled the bike as we cruised around town along side my friend's 'Cuda...we thought we were cool. At least, we got all the girls to clap.

Comment

had a Golf I GTI-- found some 15X8 ATS wheels in Et13 for an e21with 225/60/15 tires. well they didn't fit, but I made em fit by flexing strips into all 4 wheelwells and then stretching them.

took the 70 Cutlass out and robbed the local drugdealer of about a pound of weed with a few friends, I was so nervous screaming out of his driveway after beating the dude down, I hit a rock about half the size of the car- it popped the tire, but we were being chased, so I kept going- got up to about 45mph, hit the brakes- and the car flew directly into the forest preserve and cracked the frame. what a shame.

I bought U.S. sidemarker lights to put into my euro M3-- thank god I never got around to installing them!

had a 1964 Chrysler Newport with a 383 and 727tourquflight- had a 4,56 posi. at 50mph the RPMs were at about 4800. Decided to go see RUSH in concert about 2 hours away- car made it about 45 min. and threw a rod...... what a surprise!

has a 1982 Malibu that was freshly painted a beautiful black- after recieving my 3rd illegal street/dragracing ticket in 6 months I painted the car brown with a few spraypaint cans so the cops wouldn't recognize me, just to lose my license a few weeks later and receive almost no money for the car because of the now ruined paint.

had a 1984 323i with an exhaust leak, tried to weld it up on my pit, after the 10th try and it still leaking, I beat the car with a huge lead pipe until it was dead,...... yes, I had a really bad temper problem when I was younger.
        I could

Comment

Ive got a couple stories lol

First car was a 94 camaro..ended up having a small leak in my radiator hose so it over heated very often..one time it did and without thinking i twisted the radiator cap and hot anti freeze covered my face and kneck..burned me up good no scaring thank good, but a reward is i got the best feeling ever when the nurse was rinsing my eyes out felt amazing lol:p

traded a 98 v6 mustang for a almost srt4 neon just didnt have the turbo..had the exhaust which fell off
          traded that neon for a 2.0 vw jetta with clutch and oil pump problems that arose 2 days after

painted my rims while they were on the car..fucked my caliper and pads and rotor up

went through 8 cars in less than 8 months..i was stuck on a trading spree

was drving my friends 89 corolla..didnt think the road had a median so i pulled out it did have one so i quickly turned into oncoming traffic and couldnt find a way out for about half a mile
          Last edited by e30construction; 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM.
          sigpic
          93 325i 120k
          mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
          future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

installed a in car hookah in my 2000 e46 323i......

cool for car shows... impractical in every sense for actual driving, looked cool though hahaha
            Originally posted by unloadedak
            It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by trippmann View Post
              installed a in car hookah in my 2000 e46 323i......

cool for car shows... impractical in every sense for actual driving, looked FUCKING retarded though hahaha
              Fixed
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

hahahaha, no cup holders in an e30 though!
                Originally posted by unloadedak
                It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by trippmann View Post
                  hahahaha, no cup holders in an e30 though!
                  Because racecar noob ;)
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                    Oh......And I bought a Dodge Neon once so I could trick it out.....HAHAHA!
                    1st gen Neon R/T's were actually a pretty great driving car. It's shame they all completely fell apart by 120K miles.

I once put under car neon's on my SVT Focus when I first bought. This was about 9 years ago. Took me about a week to realize the error of my ways. Yea, I actually did that :drink:
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

checked my coolant level when high at the gas station on my Malibu. forgot to put the cap back on................................................ ..............

when I was in the fix the overheating problem a few hours later, I cut the A/C compressor belt off because (every racer knows A/C takes power)racecar.
                      didn't bother to check, but the A/C belt also turned the fan/waterpump!!!!!!!! So after the second catostrophic overheating in a few hours the motor was dead.
                      upgraded from the 305 to a 327 so I could continue to loose my license!

Comment

Road trip to see a buddy in college 2-3 hours away, driving through some pretty rural areas around midnight in the '66 beetle. Kept catching a flickering reflection in my rearveiw mirror. Happened enough times to get me thinking about the engine being on fire, then heard an odd noise and pulled over. Middle of nowhere. Jump out with the engine still running, run to the rear and no fire. Didn't think it was but still relieved.
                        Walk back to the drivers door and its locked. Both doors are locked. The engine is on.

I have a swiss army knife and spend the next 20 minutes removing the popout rear side window from the outside. Crawl in, unlock the door, and spend 10 minutes reinstalling the popout. Thoroughly pissed at myself, i hop in the car and race down the road feeling a cool swirling breeze ?? Look up at my wide open folding sunroof....
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                            Neons on the e28 when I was 17. I thought making the kidneys glow red would be badass in my bone stock 535i/A.
                            Must find this thread for the lols.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                              Road trip to see a buddy in college 2-3 hours away, driving through some pretty rural areas around midnight in the '66 beetle. Kept catching a flickering reflection in my rearveiw mirror. Happened enough times to get me thinking about the engine being on fire, then heard an odd noise and pulled over. Middle of nowhere. Jump out with the engine still running, run to the rear and no fire. Didn't think it was but still relieved.
                              Walk back to the drivers door and its locked. Both doors are locked. The engine is on.

I have a swiss army knife and spend the next 20 minutes removing the popout rear side window from the outside. Crawl in, unlock the door, and spend 10 minutes reinstalling the popout. Thoroughly pissed at myself, i hop in the car and race down the road feeling a cool swirling breeze ?? Look up at my wide open folding sunroof....
                              I had a nightmare this happened in my e30 lmao
                              does anyone know how to disable le ghey autolock when the car's on?

Comment

Jumped an Infiniti Q45 at 130mph. Talk about a life changing experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X