Help identifying an E30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying an E30.

I found this on Craigslist, it's not really close enough to me for me to consider it but I thought it was weird. It's advertised as an 86 318i but has what looks like an Mtech 1 kinda kit. The front bumper is definitely a little different than the Mtech 1 cars I've seen, and it's a 1986 318i, which is weird in itself. What's up with this thing?

Those look like cheap one piece aftermarket wannabe late model bumpers. They also look like shit
    What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
    90 325ix

Comment

Originally posted by e30jake View Post
      Those look like cheap one piece aftermarket wannabe late model bumpers. They also look like shit
      this.

and are those sensors for backing up in the rear bumper?

looks like crap if its more than 1k i would avoid it at all cost.

m10blows fat wang but the paint on that car looks pretty nice.

Comment

kit's made by bmp design.

Comment

It just looks shitty because it has a lift kit and bottlecaps. The bumpers may indeed be trash. I am not a huge fan of the M10 either.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
            kit's made by bmp design.
            Yup. BMP RS1.

Comment

that has got to be the best looking painted and installed BMP kit i've ever seen.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                that has got to be the best looking painted and installed BMP kit i've ever seen.
                It looks like it's falling off of the back right a little bit but other than that I agree. It's a neat looking setup imo.

Comment

I wouldn't feel safe driving an e30 with a one piece plastic bumper/lip.
                  Aside from the fact that the metal valence is psuedo-mind relieving in case of an accident (Id rather hit a tree encased in metal than a one piece flimsy plastic).
                  Also, Its one thing to scrape and your IS lip is gone, but its another to scrape and there goes you ENTIRE front bumper/valence/lip/splitter.

Stupid :down:

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                    I wouldn't feel safe driving an e30 with a one piece plastic bumper/lip.
                    Aside from the fact that the metal valence is psuedo-mind relieving in case of an accident (Id rather hit a tree encased in metal than a one piece flimsy plastic).
                    Also, Its one thing to scrape and your IS lip is gone, but its another to scrape and there goes you ENTIRE front bumper/valence/lip/splitter.

Stupid :down:
                    I guess that's a good point, I don't think I could get something like that into my driveway if it were lowered.

Comment

Working...
                    X