• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's got a v4 engine"

Comment

Originally posted by brett_duenas View Post
      dafuq? $2000.00 caliper covers!? lmfao

"Let us know what you think. No Glue, No voided warranties, No posing and they are not even painted (Anodized)."

dat e9x lyfe

http://www.calipersynergy.com/collections/all

Just read this entire thread, my jaw is on the floor in shock that this was not a joke and that post near end by grantmax, I don't know who is worse the OP that made that crap or the guy who painted all of his brakes and rotors red then ordered new brakes from dealer and those cover! WTF I'm flabbergasted
      sigpic

Comment

People always feel the need to talk there car up to me and when they ask what I have done to my e46 I say "stock motor, but a totally beefed up suspension." The response "why? That doesn't matter if it isn't faster." Basically people who believe power is the only way to make a car fast/fun.

Also stop light drag racing in a 30 on a crowded road... Nice 0-20 time bro but I like my clutch and diff so I'll pass on a pointless launch.

sigpic

Comment

Dumbest things you've heard people say about/seen people do to their cars

So I was talking to this guy

Let's call him Bob

Bob is a huge arrogant POS

So I was driving with Bob when we went to get gas at a gas station. We are driving a pretty base model e46 325i

He proceeds to pour 87 into the tank

So I ask him rather politely: "Dude, why are you putting 87 in your BMW? It takes premium."

Then he proceeds to telling me how once he accidentally put in 87 and it ran better, had more power blah blah blah. I but my tongue; told myself Bob isn't even worth my time.

Then after a few lights, he starts telling me how I'm dumb for filling up 91 in my old crappy Bimmer (mind you, e30 running a 173 Mark D chip; 91-O tune). This is where I drew the line.

I let him have it: I start saying that he's dumb for not filling up 91 and that how he doesn't know crap about how an internal combustion engine functions; tell him he is in fact NOT getting more power, but less actually, and putting vital components at risk

The whole time I'm trying to explain to him rod knock and how it can deform internals, all the while he is interrupting me with stupid questions like "what does that have anything to do with gas" "why is the piston important" "what the heck is a rod" "why would internal be affected by anything"; questions I would have answered literally 5 seconds later if he hadn't stopped interrupting me

Few seconds later his e46 starts knocking. He asks me what it was, to which I reply

"Oh, it's nothing, it'll go away soon"

Comment

Dumbest things you've heard people say about/seen people do to their cars

Originally posted by red_e30 View Post

Had to repost this.

I managed to convince this kid, who "knows a lot about BMWs" from working on his uncles E46 M3 (it was actually a pretty nice car), that VANOS was BMWs version of VTEC, and that it was actually originally BMWs idea but Honda stole the idea and trademarked the name. Now he's convinced that pretty much every BMW motor since the M50 was turboed.

About a week after this I convinced him of this, he came back to me and said "dude some people are really stupid. They deleted their turbos." I looked at him confused as hell and he said "I read about people deleting their VANOS, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, god some people know nothing about cars:" I lold.

This was also the same kid who told me that real men drive "paddle shifters" (SMG) and that "anyone can drive a manual, it takes no skill"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
              "It's got a v4 engine"

lancia? saab? it's possible mang.

Comment

About 8 years ago when Bobby Cooper and myself were building s50s at the same time a local tech at a well respected independent told us both we should scrap the motors as they had been sitting on engine stands for several months and in doing so the cranks were now warped
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                  About 8 years ago when Bobby Cooper and myself were building s50s at the same time a local tech at a well respected independent told us both we should scrap the motors as they had been sitting on engine stands for several months and in doing so the cranks were now warped
                  seems like good advice

--Mike
                  (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Another thing I've heard, "dude its got a 350 big block!"

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKCHARM88 View Post
                      Another thing I've heard, "dude its got a 350 big block!"

Didn't ford make a "big block" 351? I love how Chevy has a 396 big block. And a 400 small block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Had a woman tell me her car had both fuel injection and a carb

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Had a woman tell me her car had both fuel injection and a carb
                          yes yes yes. guys at school talk about what kind of cleaner to use in their gas tank to clean their 'carburators' on their 95+ foreign cars. I always say 'you know that the last carbed cars were made in the 70's right?' I haven't looked it up, but I'd say I'm pretty much right.

--Mike
                          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

You can get late 80's civic/accords with carbs...sooo yeah add it to the thread
                            Swanny!
                            SUCKERS.

Comment

I think my all time favorite was the fat kid that worked in the stock room at "the Good Guys" when I was install manager at a store in Portland OR.

"FK" was always bragging about his uncles "68 Camaro".
                              The 2 main bragging points WA first, the quarter mile times. Apparently the car would do an 10 second quarter mile at 200 MPH.

My response, in the middle of the break room was" WTF, did he sit and spin for 4 seconds on the green? 200mph quarters are WAY faster than 11 seconds, dipshit"

Second fave BS line was that the car came from the factory with a CD player.
                              Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 07-09-2014, 09:11 AM.

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Saw a guy bragging about a Mustang II...
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Working...
                                X