Dumbest things you've heard people say about/seen people do to their cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    You can get late 80's civic/accords with carbs...sooo yeah add it to the thread
    Hey hey come on what I meant was they were being replaced by injectors in designs. and anyway this kid has a 99 (i think) corolla

--Mike
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      My response, in the middle of the break room was" WTF, did he sit and spin for 4 seconds on the green? 200mph quarters are WAY faster than 11 seconds, dipshit"
      LOOOOOOOOOOoL

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        I think my all time favorite was the fat kid that worked in the stock room at "the Good Guys" when I was install manager at a store in Portland OR.

"FK" was always bragging about his uncles "68 Camaro".
        The 2 main bragging points WA first, the quarter mile times. Apparently the car would do an 10 second quarter mile at 200 MPH.

My response, in the middle of the break room was" WTF, did he sit and spin for 4 seconds on the green? 200mph quarters are WAY faster than 11 seconds, dipshit"

Second fave BS line was that the car came from the factory with a CD player.

Maybe he stalled? The CD player made me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I think the isuzu pup and subaru justy were carbed until like 93
          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I was working at a Jiffy Lube a few years back when I had my e30. Let's say this is the stomping grounds for fresh out of high school tuner kids. A guy I worked with was so proud of his old civic. He "rebuilt" it (shitty job btw). When he finally added a wing to it in the back he told me, "now I can carve the canyons better." Arizona has some amazing roads past Apache Jct. A couple weeks later he learned that that wing was a $200+ chunk of waste bolted to his trunk.
            Originally posted by Wh33lhop
            This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Hahahaha I got a jiffy lube story!

Go with my friend to get his sisters diesel truck an oil change. I go "hey theo, watch this." They do the change with you in the truck, so I roll down my window and pull the old "hey man, while your under there, would you mind checking the blinker fluid? It's intermittent and I think that's why." The 17 year old lip ringed punk goes "yeah. No problem." Theo and I spend the next 10 minutes laughing hysterically while this kid acts like he's checking/actually found blinker fluid.

Best part; the receipt with all the inspections done routinely (check coolant, air filter, etc.) shows at the bottom in a different font
              " blinker fluid levels............................................ .....OK.
              We go to the man in charge after were done wiping out eyes of tears and show him the receipt. He replies "he's the owners nephew, not a lot I can do about him." And walks away laughing
              1989 325i

Comment

Kid at a local Advance has what appears to be a pretty well built early 80's era Malibu. Big gumballs on some Welds, fuel cell hanging from the trunk with visible AN fittings and braided lines, fresh chrome trim and bumpers, new paint, kid has to know what he's doing, looks like a resto-mod you might see on TV. So I go in and ask what's under the hood and he says the motor is bored 4 thou... my eyes just glaze over and my ears go deaf. Four thou, not forty. I actually think I loudly sighed and turned around and walked away. Not sure, I was just in too much shock because obviously this kid doesn't know anything about the car or cars in general. I can only assume daddy built it. Such a shame both for him and the car.

Comment

Originally posted by lukey30 View Post

Go with my friend to get his sisters diesel truck an oil change. I go "hey theo, watch this." They do the change with you in the truck, so I roll down my window and pull the old "hey man, while your under there, would you mind checking the blinker fluid? It's intermittent and I think that's why." The 17 year old lip ringed punk goes "yeah. No problem." Theo and I spend the next 10 minutes laughing hysterically while this kid acts like he's checking/actually found blinker fluid.

Best part; the receipt with all the inspections done routinely (check coolant, air filter, etc.) shows at the bottom in a different font
                  We go to the man in charge after were done wiping out eyes of tears and show him the receipt. He replies "he's the owners nephew, not a lot I can do about him." And walks away laughing
                  You ever think it was a song and dance to appease an ignorant customer? If you're getting paid, sometimes it's easier to smile and nod instead of calling someone on their BS. Especially if you're an underling.
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                    You ever think it was a song and dance to appease an ignorant customer? If you're getting paid, sometimes it's easier to smile and nod instead of calling someone on their BS. Especially if you're an underling.
                    That's what I thought it could be. If so, good job kid.
                    Originally posted by Andy.B
                    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    I was born on 3/25…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by lukey30 View Post

Did this actually happen? There's a lot of holes in this when it comes to Jiffy Lubes CORPORATE regulations.
                      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Dumbest things you've heard people say about/seen people do to their cars

Maybe the kid knew you were joking and just wanted to play along?

--Mike
                        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                          I love how Chevy has a 396 big block. And a 400 small block.
                          Big block vs small block generally speaking simply has to do with the physical dimensions of the block itself, not the displacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet Ride View Post
                            Big block vs small block generally speaking simply has to do with the physical dimensions of the block itself, not the displacement.

I know. It's just funny.

Originally posted by flyboyx
                            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                            Originally posted by Northern
                            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by kwill22 View Post
                              R3v Facebook gets really bad somtimes. I posted once if any of the tards on there were actually members of the site because of all the stupid. There's r3v stupid, then there's r3v Facebook.

Almost every single person there needs to learn where the search function is. It drives me nuts to be honest, all these dumb "my car won't start what's wrong" posts.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                                Didn't ford make a "big block" 351? I love how Chevy has a 396 big block. And a 400 small block.

Chevrolet brother

Comment

Working...
                                X