Looking at e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at e30

Had an e34 and engine needs replaced im going to look at a e30 tomorrow any advice what should I look for its an 88. How many miles do these engines usally go to before quiting? That kinda stuff! Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

-what model?
    -any of the E30 engines go well over 200K if they were takin care of i.e. 6,000 mile oil changes, timing belt, coolant
    -check the timing belt that is the most important thing for these cars, if it breaks your f'd
    -look for rust
    -make sure the price isn't to much, some people try to sell these cars for far more than there worth

edit: use google
    For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
      -what model?
      -any of the E30 engines go well over 200K if they were takin care of i.e. 6,000 mile oil changes, timing belt, coolant
      -check the timing belt that is the most important thing for these cars, if it breaks your f'd
      -look for rust
      -make sure the price isn't to much, some people try to sell these cars for far more than there worth

edit: use google
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=E30+buyers+guide
      ok thanks alot!
      sigpic

Comment

Maintenance Records!!!!! If they can't show on paper that something has been done, don't believe them.
        1991 325i 4-door Sport Package
        1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (for sale)

Comment

Spangler, a quick search would show you about 14,000 threads just like this with all the info you need.
          sorry to be a dick but "oh hai, I can't be bothered to do any research so I am just going to post a new thread of the most basic shit ever" is pretty played here and elsewhere on the internet.

welcome, enjoy, stay awhile. it isn't as rough as it used to be, but I am surprised it took 5 replies to get this response...

search is your friend, anything you ever wanted to know about e30's is already here.

cheers,
          Originally Posted by ACMF74
          i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

yeah i know i give ppl crap on other forums ahha just was feeling lazy but i ended up doing research anyway hahaha
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X