#^*+}% Alternator belt..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#^*+}% Alternator belt..

This isn't an issue more of a rant......

What started out as a grand evening.. Went totally sour..when my alternator belt decided to shit itself......son of a mother fuckin bitch.....perhaps what they say is true....nothing good happens after 12am...if you aren't where you are going b4 then just stay home.....
    sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

That sucks...but they're like $10, it could always be worse.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

If this ever happens again you can use your shoelaces with a number of knots in them as a substitute belt. Or if you like your laces just get a bunch of HD zip ties and keep them in the trunk, you never know when they will come in handy. After all, some charge is better than none. Enjoy your future 12AM+ outings!

Comment

Did you compliment it on what it was wearing, take it out for dinner etc.? if not, this might be the problem leading to your belt finally snapping and leaving you. Pay attention to it, make sure the belt know that it is appreciated, and check if it needs something daily, and you'll be fine with your next belt.
        ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

With all this being said my adjuster bracket.. Won't adjust all the way down as to move the alternator down far enough to slide the new belt on.. What am I missing??? 13mm nut is loosened so as to wrench the 19mm but on the front... Suggestions??

It keeps slipping teeth and eventually strips the teeth..

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            If this ever happens again you can use your shoelaces with a number of knots in them as a substitute belt. Or if you like your laces just get a bunch of HD zip ties and keep them in the trunk, you never know when they will come in handy. After all, some charge is better than none. Enjoy your future 12AM+ outings!
            Lol, back in university days this happened to me. I was on a date and asked her if I could use her nylons. She laughed, went to the back of the car and took them off, out of sight. Gave them to me and I used them. Got us back to campus. Turns out, that's all she was wearing under that skirt;)
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by E30nub1 View Post
              With all this being said my adjuster bracket.. Won't adjust all the way down as to move the alternator down far enough to slide the new belt on.. What am I missing??? 13mm nut is loosened so as to wrench the 19mm but on the front... Suggestions??

It keeps slipping teeth and eventually strips the teeth..
              Loosen the one on the mount. If it's tight it won't let the alternator pivot.
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Is it just me or does the bolt the loosens and tightens the alt ALWAYS strip out.. Its happened to me 3 different times
                M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
                  Is it just me or does the bolt the loosens and tightens the alt ALWAYS strip out.. Its happened to me 3 different times
                  When I am at the junkyard I always try to "liberate" failure prone hardware . You should too.

Comment

The large bolt head on front isnt for tightening . its for adjusting. Use the nut on the backside and you wont rip the teeth out
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Ive got an extra belt that I zip tie down together so that it takes up less space which I just leave in the trunk. Have never needed it yet cause I always change my belts regularly. For 8 bucks or so from BMA why not have a spare or two?

Comment

If the parts are good, stripping the bracket or the teeth of the adjuster nut is caused by failing to loosen the pivot bolt at the bottom of the alternator.
                        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

??at the bottom??? I thought there was just the nut on the back...and the. Big ass nut on the front to adjust.

Question is that the elbow piece that is also connected to the ps pump?
                          Last edited by E30nub1; 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X