Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affording an E30? Your thoughts and knowledge needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck with your eclipse man...

Comment

Ouch, I'm not sure that car is the best choice on a budget. I hear they can be expensive to maintain...

I bought my E30 while doing mechanical engineering and took the bus to school most days. It does have lots of worn out parts, but hasn't let me down yet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLundy View Post
          ..It does have lots of worn out parts, but hasn't let me down yet..

The bus or the e30?

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
            The bus or the e30?
            The e30. :D I'm working on the worn out parts, it has new CV shafts now.
            The bus lets me down sometimes, but I don't have to be at work on time anymore.

Comment

So I posted immaturely. My mechanic/friend did a thorough inspection of the GS and informed me that it wasn't the car to buy. So I'm going with him to inspect the ZX2 tomorrow. I think the ZX2 will be good, and for what the car is, its supposed to be a fun drive. Light weight, nice handling, good acceleration. So, we'll see how that goes on Monday.

Aside from that, I looked at an Eclipse GS. They are not Turbo and do not have the 4G63 engines. They have Chrysler 420a engines, so the crankwalk comments are irreverent.

Comment

My friend bought an escord ZX2 to drive to school and it's been great for him.
                Check the front suspension, his was worn out in a few places. Parts weren't too bad.
                It's no e30, but it's pretty good for a cheap FWD car. He gets better fuel economy than I do and can fold down the back seat to put bikes in the trunk.

Comment

Working...
                X