Fast and Furious 6 cars.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • drumad
    replied
    Many of the runway scenes were happening concurrently. With this in mind, it'll make a bit mroe sense. Although this can drastically shorten that runway, no runway is that long.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by IronFreak
    I read an article where someone did the math of the plane speed to lift off and and cars and what not and the overall time of the shot on the runway......the runway ended up being like 29 miles long hahaha.

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWManiac
    Having had the awesome responsibility of commanding tanks in combat...I can assure you all, a 1 ton car wouldn't even be noticed dragging along by a 1500 hp, turbine engine, 72 ton tank...

    What was with the unrealistic, humans flying through the air and landing onto vehicles without getting hurt, endless airstrip? I know it's a movie, but I thought these went the way of not even close to being part of reality?
    I read an article where someone did the math of the plane speed to lift off and and cars and what not and the overall time of the shot on the runway......the runway ended up being like 29 miles long hahaha.

    Leave a comment:


  • mccor023
    replied
    I was intrigued at first by the rail/ flip cars. Especially when they said in the movie they sound like turbo diesels. Until I read they were in fact LS3 crate motors. Still nice motors, but why say its a TDi and not LS3 in the movie?

    "With the front suspension from a mid 1980s Chevy 3/4 ton pickup and a solid rear axle located by a three-link suspension, each of the mid-engine flip cars is powered by a 430-hp 6.2-liter LS3 mounted backward." C&D McCarthy did design and build them all though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    I had a guy in like a 1980's honda accord rev his engine next to me while I was in my M3

    Leave a comment:


  • 10Toes
    replied
    This movie is shit, worse than all the others.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    F&F sucks. All of them. Every Honda kid around here thinks they are Vin Diesel now.

    Leave a comment:


  • mcr_driver
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    I was mad that they said the BMW's they were driving in the beginning, which looked like E60 M5's to me, had twin turbo V8's...
    They weren't even E60 M5's more like E60 525/528i's with a mtech/rep M5 kit. the mirrors are a dead giveaway.

    Originally posted by BMWManiac
    Having had the awesome responsibility of commanding tanks in combat...I can assure you all, a 1 ton car wouldn't even be noticed dragging along by a 1500 hp, turbine engine, 72 ton tank...

    What was with the unrealistic, humans flying through the air and landing onto vehicles without getting hurt, endless airstrip? I know it's a movie, but I thought these went the way of not even close to being part of reality?
    Don't you know anything written in the script trumps normal physics

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWManiac
    replied
    Having had the awesome responsibility of commanding tanks in combat...I can assure you all, a 1 ton car wouldn't even be noticed dragging along by a 1500 hp, turbine engine, 72 ton tank...

    What was with the unrealistic, humans flying through the air and landing onto vehicles without getting hurt, endless airstrip? I know it's a movie, but I thought these went the way of not even close to being part of reality?

    Leave a comment:


  • Playgunz
    replied
    Originally posted by ak-
    I saw this movie today at the drive in with my GF, and I shit you not a Nissan Sentra with a fart can tried racing me at the first stop light exiting the parking lot when the movie was over.
    Did you smoke that ricers butt? (In a safe non illegal way)

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    ^Everything in F&tF franchise has an LSx in it. It's like the plug and play swap of the new millennium.
    Not so, some had air cooled VW powah! Still, why have SBC when you can have NOS!!! :?

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    I saw this movie today at the drive in with my GF, and I shit you not a Nissan Sentra with a fart can tried racing me at the first stop light exiting the parking lot when the movie was over.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eljosh
    replied
    If they put an e30 in a Fast and Furious movie, they'd probably just run over it. They ran over like 15 mk2 GTIs, I was like why so much golf hate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Quadrajet
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    I thought Jensons had 440 Chryslers in them?

    That's what I thought!

    Leave a comment:


  • Playgunz
    replied
    I like all of the movies but the first one and Tokyo drift are my favs and here is why. It's not so much they were ricers, it was that those 2 were technical movies. They tried to show the skill and some building of the cars. To me that was cool, the others just show driving and street banging. I like to see why there fast, not just that they are.....

    Leave a comment:

Working...