Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would it cost to ship an e30 600 miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can get insurance over a phone in a matter of minutes. Most insurance companies have websites and you can add the vehicle right over your phone and save a copy of proof on your phone.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Obiwan-Canoli View Post
      Buy a trip permit, for the state you bought it in, done this a few times, its basically the same thing dealers give you when you buy a new car in the window
      you know how much this costs?
      sigpic

Comment

Thats nothing. I've bought two cars (e30 and e39 years later) sight unseen from 800 miles away and driven them back. Its really fun to be honest, you never know what will happen. But you ought to be prepared. I got insurance on the phone when I picked up the car, just call them up and give them a VIN and be on your way. I wish I had known about the $5 "trip pass" never heard of that, but it sounds like it would save some headache.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

I'm also thinking about doing this for a car but I'd rather spend the 12 hours relaxing at home in my pool sipping drinks while a truck delivers me the car.
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

cost $800 to ship my e30 from redlands, CA to chattanooga, TN in 2012. used lightning auto i think.

my car got here okay.. it was kind of a stressful experience because they were about a week late with pick up and by that time I had already flown back (leaving my car there to be signed off by my cousin.. lol), then it took about 10 days to get here. The car made it, very dusty with lots of caked on bugs/dirt but a good wash, polish and wax and it looked no worse for the wear. They let me put a ton of stuff in the car too..

worth it IMO.. saves the miles and let me chill on vacation for 3 extra days instead of spending them driving non stop across the desert with no a/c.

Comment

Originally posted by z6ne View Post
              you know how much this costs?
              $5 in VA
              What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
              90 325ix

Comment

Working...
              X