Le Mans Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Mans Crash

Oh my god. Looks like broken suspension...that's horrific.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Aftermath of the car and different view

@9:05-

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

I woke up late and was watching the recording, just found out that he passed away. I don't think anything broke, it was wet and he just got out on the painted curbs. RIP
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Wtf
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

That's horrible :( RIP
            -Erik
            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
            I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

RIP

Rant: I dont ducking get why tracks dont extend walls out to the furthest possible point. Why does there need to be a wall so close when the whole area is custom built for racing. I'm obviously not talking about tracks that are also roads, or something like the Nurburgring or Manaco, but in general. Like at VIR, NJMP, Summit Pt, etc - road courses designed for nothing but racing. Why dont they just sell the trees and make massive run-off sections around the track? Spin offs, malfunctions, driver errors are all expected. Walls add such a needless hazard to racing and I just dont get why. So many lives, wallets, and cars could be saved with just a little more consideration in track design safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Pino View Post
                RIP

Rant: I dont ducking get why tracks dont extend walls out to the furthest possible point. Why does there need to be a wall so close when the whole area is custom built for racing. I'm obviously not talking about tracks that are also roads, or something like the Nurburgring or Manaco, but in general. Like at VIR, NJMP, Summit Pt, etc - road courses designed for nothing but racing. Why dont they just sell the trees and make massive run-off sections around the track? Spin offs, malfunctions, driver errors are all expected. Walls add such a needless hazard to racing and I just dont get why. So many lives, wallets, and cars could be saved with just a little more consideration in track design safety.

My thoughts exactly, I cannot think of any reasons

My Transaction Feedback
                My "build" thread
                BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Well if I'm not mistaken that part of the track is the first of the public roads that are converted to run the full circuit. The track isn't open completely for most of the year because about half of it's length is public roads. Also, the nature of that crash was pretty abnormal, he lost the car really late at the exit of the corner and just over-corrected. Really sad to see, racing is so much safer these days but some things just happen
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Very sad..
                    RIP
                    Drive Safe Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                      Oh my god. Looks like broken suspension...that's horrific.
                      Doesn't look like it.

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                      I don't think anything broke, it was wet and he just got out on the painted curbs. RIP
                      Exactly. He tracked out onto the paint in the wet and the rear snapped to the left. He corrected, then the car regained grip and snapped him around the other way and he backed straight into the wall. This happened in Tertre Rouge, a very high-speed corner heading onto the Mulsanne Straight. He would have been at the top of 4th gear.

Originally posted by Pino View Post
                      Why does there need to be a wall so close when the whole area is custom built for racing.
                      Circuit de la Sarthe is a converted public road. Closer to a road circuit than a dedicated closed track. But I agree that paint is idiotic. Leaves no room for runoff.
                      sigpic
                      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Working...
                      X