Woman accidentally kills her husband & herself, parking her Lexus truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redfox View Post
    Uh huh... There are plenty of shit male drivers. Guys do take the risks, which makes them generally more likely to be involved in crashes. My dick is bigger than yours complex maybe? There are plenty of terrible male drivers, as there are awful female drivers. The chart does tend to visualize and put things in perspective though..

Girls (teenagers at least) have cheaper insurance rates.. hmmm..
    Pretty much this. Guy drives M3 off cliff, trina driving into a house, guy drives M3 into boulder (probably same douche).

Everyone sucks period!

Honestly this has zero to do with any racial or feminist bullshit. A fresh, inexperienced driver broke under panic and caused a horrible tragedy. I can't even really laugh because it's so fucking whack.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Holland, I like you. You are very punctual ..

Comment

Holland, I like you. You are very punctual ..
        I've a very blunt personality at times.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

As previously stated, it's the standards for getting licensed to drive. New drivers really need more experience before going out on their own.

They test one on what a few road signs mean and nothing of vehicle dynamics, how dangerous driving can be, what to do when a vehicle does lose control and remain calm. If you can read a damn stop sign, you can get a license.

On top of this, the act of driving is nothing more than a chore, and with so many people on the road today it's even more dangerous. The modern car is an appliance. It is thrown away and replaced when broken, and drains the emotion from driving. This in turn makes driving boring, and when something is boring people inherently lose interest.

If you don't enjoy doing something, why get better at doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            As previously stated, it's the standards for getting licensed to drive. New drivers really need more experience before going out on their own.

They test one on what a few road signs mean and nothing of vehicle dynamics, how dangerous driving can be, what to do when a vehicle does lose control and remain calm. If you can read a damn stop sign, you can get a license.

On top of this, the act of driving is nothing more than a chore, and with so many people on the road today it's even more dangerous. The modern car is an appliance. It is thrown away and replaced when broken, and drains the emotion from driving. This in turn makes driving boring, and when something is boring people inherently lose interest.

If you don't enjoy doing something, why get better at doing it?

Very well put.. Driving around in crowded areas/cities tends to have worse drivers, at least imo. Too many lights with cameras catching everything, too many things to do in suburbia, soccer moms with vans of kids.. bleh.

Comment

Very well put.. Driving around in crowded areas/cities tends to have worse drivers, at least imo. Too many lights with cameras catching everything, too many things to do in suburbia, soccer moms with vans of kids.. bleh.
              I don't know a soul who enjoys stop and go traffic, do you? And now with DVD players, facebook, and wifi, cars are getting much worse. People are also much more busy than years past, with longer work weeks, more priorities, and busy schedules nobody has time to only focus on one single thing. There literally isn't enough time in a day anymore for modern society.

It's impossible to blame bad drivers on any single one thing. It's a multitude of things that are all piling up. Larger population, roads being too small, boring cars, multitasking, etc. it all snowballs into bad things.

Comment

Had an azn woman pilot one, worst landing of my life...

While waiting for our table at a restaurant Friday night. Watched a woman try to park in a "tight" spot took her 15 tries and she gave up and went for another spot about the same size and then took her 6 tries to get in. that had to be one of my top 10 best half hours of my life.

Women might be safer while on the road. But I want to see the stat on how long it takes the average person to get in and out of a parking spot and how many fender benders are caused by poor depth perception.
                Mods/Improvements:
                gravity reinforced trunk lining
                led balanced wheels
                valve gap enlarged
                zip-ties
                greese deleted wheel bearings

Comment

Just because someone doesn't wreck doesn't mean they are not a terrible driver.

I know plenty of girls who can't drive worth two shits and have never been involved in a wreck.

I know plenty of guys who drive very recklessly and have never been in a wreck.

It all comes down to common sense and judgement.

Reason insurance is more for guys is because we are more likely to take a risk and cost the insurance company money.

Girls typically don't look at something and go "hey, watch this". Usually they are watching as the guy slams his dad's e92 M3 into a parking lamp post.

Girls it's usually distractions. Phones. Friends. Whatever.

The majority of people I would not ride in a car with are girls. Mostly because it gets frustrating as they fumble their way down the road, driving under the limit, leaving the brights on, missing their exit and swerving across 3 lanes to make it....and this is in a rural area. I can't imagine what people in metropolitan areas do, well, I can because I lived in Philly and it was awful.

Basically, I think guys are better drivers, but it all comes down to those people who don't care enough to break out of that stereotype. Nobody cares. Stereotypes are there for a reason, and the vast majority of people in those groups just continue to validate the stereotype.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

What you guys said, is what I tried to explain^

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

To really get those statistics into context, you would have to factor in time of driving and miles driven because those also skew the statistiks, i.e. if males drive more miles per year than their same-aged female counterparts or are more likely to drive at night, they also encounter a bigger risk of getting into an accident. Also, this only concerns accidents which are reported, so fender benders or single-person accidents probably aren't factored in.

Because this data is lacking we have bullshit statistics saying that drivers aged 65+ are still better drivers than those aged below 25.

Yeah, sure, it's easy if you only drive 6k miles per year and only during sunlight...
                      aka denyo77

Originally posted by Andy.B
                      Give it five years, and kids might be covering their cars with Astroturf. Style is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post

Everyone sucks period!

Honestly this has zero to do with any racial or feminist bullshit. A fresh, inexperienced driver broke under panic and caused a horrible tragedy. I can't even really laugh because it's so fucking whack.
                        It's true though 90% of people on the road are doing who knows what while they are driving, I even see people who are my friends that are car dudes all over the damn road texting, playing with the radio, looking at the sky, who knows what else . I've seen good girl drivers bad girl drivers good guy drivers bad guy drivers. They need to make driving test more difficult not just drive around the block and here's a free pass to kill someone with a 5000lb car
                        -His-
                        87 e30 325i
                        87 e24 m6
                        05 e83 x3
                        94 e32 740i 5spd
                        -Hers-
                        89 e30 325i
                        18 f48 x1

Comment

Working...
                        X