all praise diamant schwarz m42 good squad ba$ed god

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cferb
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    And why is that fuel economy? If that is why then you should not be considering a rear wheel drive old car, you should be looking for a Toyota Tercel or a Honda Civic.
    Because they are a lot less common mostly. And people buy e30s because they're fun to drive, 168hp is still slow, so the lower weight is desirable for some people, especially if they're going to race it(outside spece30/pro3).

    Having owned an eta, 325i, and m42 318i, the eta just plain sucks, but the 325i and 318i are a toss up, they're both fun in their own way. I think I prefer the m20 but I think more for sentimental reasons, the m42 is growing on me.
    Originally posted by freeride53
    Nice one bro ! ;) I am sorry to have offended you with my humor Mr. SRS.



    I seriously doubt it'd be the better fuel economy of the m42 cars that would cause such a high desirability - that's what an eta is for ;)
    eta's don't exactly get great gas mileage either.

    Leave a comment:


  • RUFFLZ
    replied
    bump
    I called this place out of curiosity and it's been sold for asking.
    all hail the #m42rarebasedgoonsquaddiamondshwartzgod

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    Could someone please translate this for me? I tried google translator, but they don't list Bay Area Retard as an official language.
    Gay

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    Could someone please translate this for me? I tried google translator, but they don't list Bay Area Retard as an official language.
    Nice one bro ! ;) I am sorry to have offended you with my humor Mr. SRS.

    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    And why is that fuel economy? If that is why then you should not be considering a rear wheel drive old car, you should be looking for a Toyota Tercel or a Honda Civic.
    I seriously doubt it'd be the better fuel economy of the m42 cars that would cause such a high desirability - that's what an eta is for ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyrix2k
    replied
    Originally posted by cabin
    Looks like a good candidate for a 24V swap...










    Well duh, that's all the M42 cars are good for

    Leave a comment:


  • cabin
    replied
    Looks like a good candidate for a 24V swap...










    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    Whether having the wrong exhaust cutout is from an accident, factory fuckup, or a previous aftermarket setup, I can't see it doing any good for the value of the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • BillBrasky
    replied
    all praise diamant schwarz m42 good squad ba$ed god
    Could someone please translate this for me? I tried google translator, but they don't list Bay Area Retard as an official language.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by PaladinReed
    I personally believe this late into production bmw was slapping rear valences on whatever cars, I've seen NA 318i and iS with dual cut outs and euro e cars come with single rear cutouts.

    My slick top 91 318is also had dual cutouts and no rear accidents.

    I agree. Granted you could get a 318is or a nice 318i or 318iC with a M42 in early 90. they are labeled as a one model year but they were sold longer than that.

    Leave a comment:


  • PaladinReed
    replied
    I personally believe this late into production bmw was slapping rear valences on whatever cars, I've seen NA 318i and iS with dual cut outs and euro e cars come with single rear cutouts.

    My slick top 91 318is also had dual cutouts and no rear accidents.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shangsta
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    And why is that fuel economy? If that is why then you should not be considering a rear wheel drive old car, you should be looking for a Toyota Tercel or a Honda Civic.
    There were less 318is's produced as it was a one model year car. To be honest I have had both a 325is and a 318is and I prefer the 318is. Neither is fast and when drive through tight twisties the 318is was more fun to me. I used to hate on the 318is and bought it I left it m42 because it was soo much fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    undocumented accident.

    Leave a comment:


  • ///M-TRD3
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
    theres no way anyone in there right mind would pay e30 m3 price for a 318is
    Agree.

    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
    its worth maybe 8k max
    Disagree.


    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella
    if enough ppl. keep asking high prices for clean examples, this will simply increase the price of mint e30's
    Correct. In markets where they're selling this can already be seen... and it's a beautiful thing ;) (as long as you're not looking lol)

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53
    In the current American used e30 market, the 318is is without a doubt more valuable than the 325is.
    And why is that fuel economy? If that is why then you should not be considering a rear wheel drive old car, you should be looking for a Toyota Tercel or a Honda Civic.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    In the current American used e30 market, the 318is is without a doubt more valuable than the 325is.

    Leave a comment:

Working...