Because they are a lot less common mostly. And people buy e30s because they're fun to drive, 168hp is still slow, so the lower weight is desirable for some people, especially if they're going to race it(outside spece30/pro3).
Having owned an eta, 325i, and m42 318i, the eta just plain sucks, but the 325i and 318i are a toss up, they're both fun in their own way. I think I prefer the m20 but I think more for sentimental reasons, the m42 is growing on me.
eta's don't exactly get great gas mileage either.
all praise diamant schwarz m42 good squad ba$ed god
Collapse
X
-
bump
I called this place out of curiosity and it's been sold for asking.
all hail the #m42rarebasedgoonsquaddiamondshwartzgodLeave a comment:
-
-
Nice one bro ! ;) I am sorry to have offended you with my humor Mr. SRS.
I seriously doubt it'd be the better fuel economy of the m42 cars that would cause such a high desirability - that's what an eta is for ;)Leave a comment:
-
-
Whether having the wrong exhaust cutout is from an accident, factory fuckup, or a previous aftermarket setup, I can't see it doing any good for the value of the car.Leave a comment:
-
Could someone please translate this for me? I tried google translator, but they don't list Bay Area Retard as an official language.all praise diamant schwarz m42 good squad ba$ed godLeave a comment:
-
I agree. Granted you could get a 318is or a nice 318i or 318iC with a M42 in early 90. they are labeled as a one model year but they were sold longer than that.Leave a comment:
-
I personally believe this late into production bmw was slapping rear valences on whatever cars, I've seen NA 318i and iS with dual cut outs and euro e cars come with single rear cutouts.
My slick top 91 318is also had dual cutouts and no rear accidents.Leave a comment:
-
There were less 318is's produced as it was a one model year car. To be honest I have had both a 325is and a 318is and I prefer the 318is. Neither is fast and when drive through tight twisties the 318is was more fun to me. I used to hate on the 318is and bought it I left it m42 because it was soo much fun.Leave a comment:
-
Agree.
Disagree.
Correct. In markets where they're selling this can already be seen... and it's a beautiful thing ;) (as long as you're not looking lol)Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
In the current American used e30 market, the 318is is without a doubt more valuable than the 325is.Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: