This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Replica" Mark D chip

So I did little research and was about to pull the trigger on an ebay chip but found a guy on craiglist whos selling a "replica" Mark D chip? what is this? and can it be trusted? oh and its for my project 1987 325e
    -thanks Khalil

didnt know were to post this so if your a mod, definetly move it to the right category

Comment

Don't fuckin' do it.

Save up the cash and support the man that spent all the time and money developing a chip for our cars.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yeah support legit people not copy cats.
        sigpic

Comment

Does he actually mention "Mark D" is the ad? If so, that's seedy. Link to ebay auction?
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Does he actually mention "Mark D" is the ad? If so, that's seedy. Link to ebay auction?
            yaa kinda shady the post has no metion of mark d just an original dinan chip that he has for sale, When I asked him if it had a 28 pin count he told me about his replica mark d's and that hes retired and copies over the orginal a bunch times to the replica cards. heres the post

Comment

Flagged as spam.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

There are as many incorrect replicas that can grenade your motor out there as there are correct replicas. Saving a few bucks isn't really worth the chance.
                sigpic
                "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Who knows someone who bought a replica chip and had it grenade their engine?

-NICK

Comment

Thanks for the responses, only reason I made the thread was because I could'nt find any other threads about it thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      Don't fuckin' do it.

Save up the cash and support the man that spent all the time and money developing a chip for our cars.
                      This.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                        This.
                        Going with a dinan and either the bav auto headers or be cheap and get some obx long pipes lol

Comment

this sort of thing isn't tolerated here.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                          X