3.73 LSD Diff stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.73 LSD Diff stamps

So I got the 3.73 LSD I bought cleaned up, new seals and new Redline 75w90 fluid in it. The one question I have is about the stamps on the casing.

I know the "S" means LSD and I've heard about other stamps like an "A", "V" but I have a "P" stamp on my casing along with the "S" and I cannot find ANY information on what the "P" stands for.

Can any of the gurus on here help figure this out?

Thanks
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

53 views and not one person knows the significance of the "P" stamp?
    sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

i dont think it means anything important, it has an S which means it an LSD, it probably just means it passed inspection
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

53 views and not one person knows the significance of the "P" stamp?
        Yep. We don't.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

P = poopschteinmodtelrot
          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

that diff was either from a climate in the south with no salt or it was pickled nicely with a coat of grease. it is pretty much unheard of to find one up your way with so little/no rust.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              that diff was either from a climate in the south with no salt or it was pickled nicely with a coat of grease. it is pretty much unheard of to find one up your way with so little/no rust.
              I spend most of my time in FL which is where I got this Diff. I know all the parts from the Albany area are rusted. This particular diff had a very thick coating of dirt and oil and I had just got done pressure washing it. Afterwards I let it sit and dry before I drained the gear oil, removes diff cover and output shafts and replaced the seals and gasket on the cover followed by new redline 75w90 gear fluid.

I was just curious about the different stamps that I have heard these diff come with.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
              sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Your diff was born w a Penis. BMW chose to cut it off though as they tend to add weight and drag. You have a rare hermie diff, twice the value.

Comment

Working...
                X