Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Problems - Ethanol Free Gas

Hey All,

I just got done with a little road trip in the E30 and believe that putting booze in your car is abuse of good hooch. There's a site out there with a kick-ass iphone app called pure-gas.org. Not sure if they do android or not, but it helped me quickly find tea-totaling gas stations along my route.

Cheers,
    Adam
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

I put corn fuel in mine.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

My brain hurts. My eyes see normal member, but my brain says spam!

I know it's not, but damn it reads like it.

Good look though, I'll have to keep that in mind for my next old bimmer.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        My brain hurts. My eyes see normal member, but my brain says spam!

I know it's not, but damn it reads like it.

Good look though, I'll have to keep that in mind for my next old bimmer.
        I'm seeing "Cheers" and thinking the guy is from England. But looks at location, and is located in OR. Hacked account?

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I buy non ethanol fuel all the time, we have several stations at home that advertise this fact and I see about 5-8% better fuel economy when using 100% dino juice in our gas powered stuff
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I put more alcohol in my gas tank than gas, 85% more to be exact. Car loves it. Smells interesting too.

Comment

I was trying to be funny. Didn't work. Anyhoo, met a kid a few weeks ago at the Detroit Euro Rally who was really testing his gas. I don't think it matters that much if you drive a ton, but my car isn't my daily, and alcohol absorbs water, and our motors weren't designed to take the alcohol anyway. That said, the site is legit, and Apple has to approve all apps. The app is clean and efficient. Just search "pure gas" in the app store. I'm mostly Scotch and Swedish, BTW...
              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

boosted and built to run on it is one thing, with the octane increase. But for older stock shit that is not designed to run on it is something totally different.

there is a lot less stored energy by volume in volume in Ethanol than straight dino juice
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Yea ethanol free would be cool and all, but I don't really have an option here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just checked out the website a bit and it seems pretty legit, although it did confirm my suspicions there isn't many places with ethanol free gas left near me or in the immediate area I'm about to move to. Wish it wasn't as hard to get pure gas I'd pay the Extra to get gas with out corn filler lol
                    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256
                    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

website has been up for a few years now and is deff for realz.
                      problem for me is the closest gas station is over 300 miles away
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^

I know there are a couple in Allentown PA thats not 300 miles form you

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                        X