X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Pokepoke* *pokepoke*

:popcorn:

Comment

Im fine with anything done right and that looks pleasing, most of our problems is with people doing it wrong, pulling fenders instead of rolling them the right way, cheap coils, re-drilling wheels, modifying the frame to get more low, rattle can paint, all of this. Im fine if you have an Asian car, Domestic, European, whatever, it just has to be done right.... Im pretty sure most of us agree.

The kicker is alot of the "stance" scene kiddos do EVERYTHING wrong.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
        I agree with everything mentioned in this thread.
        Function over form any day.

Comment

I always enjoy the self-aggrandizing writing at Stanceworks but I never understand why they're so mystified by people not liking them. Look no further than Spastics old threads specifically designed to stir up controversy with all the 'i <3 haterz' stuff and then they wonder why people get so angry about it.

Stanceworks basically started as a 'fuck you look what I can do to make you angry and take good pictures of it' and all of the sudden they become the white knights of the car enthusiast community?

These threads always turn out the same way. It's never going to be some great car society where everyone respects one another and go around chugging each others dongs about how great all cars are and how everyone deserves to win. I would go so far as to say that car modification is partially born from one-upsmanship and wanting your car to be better than someone else's car.

Spastic must have a running forum search going for stanceworks threads because he always manages to pop in with some snide comments though.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

You're overthinking it

we are all enthusiasts, its always cooler to respect other peoples styles even if you dont understand them, their passion is just as strong as yours and comes from the same place.
            PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
              You're overthinking it

we are all enthusiasts, its always cooler to respect other peoples styles even if you dont understand them, their passion is just as strong as yours and comes from the same place.
              No, their passion comes from wanting a stupid looking car that only looks reasonable in a professional photoshoot.

I just want to go fast for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                Im fine with anything done right and that looks pleasing, most of our problems is with people doing it wrong, pulling fenders instead of rolling them the right way, cheap coils, re-drilling wheels, modifying the frame to get more low, rattle can paint, all of this. Im fine if you have an Asian car, Domestic, European, whatever, it just has to be done right.... Im pretty sure most of us agree.

The kicker is alot of the "stance" scene kiddos do EVERYTHING wrong.
                Exactly. But, it's also the problem. Because of the morons in the "stance" community that fuck their cars, other enthusiasts think that's how everyone does it in the "community". That's the shit I don't like. A reasonable stance can be done right and it can be completely safe. That's what most people seem to miss.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                  No, their passion comes from wanting a stupid looking car that only looks reasonable in a professional photoshoot.

I just want to go fast for cheap.

nevermind...
                  PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Man i can't believe there is so much hate on R3v.
                    I like stanced cars but there is a limit to it.
                    I Like the E30s below. But the pic after it, that is f**king ludicrous and represents everything as wrong as it can be.
                    I don't think that it even fits in the "stance" quadrant anymore.
                    I don't know if i would be able to educate the owner or just hate him like everybody else.
                    I mean would you just look at it? Look at it. LOL

» PARTS FOR SALE
                    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                      THIS!!!
                      This is what I'm talking about! There is no benefit to having a car that looks and drives like this. This is all I can think about when I hear about the "stanced" scene; partly that cars like this appeared solely because of the stance-scene. I love it when a car sits flush and has a nice stance with some nice forward rake, but when the majority of the build threads are churning out cars that look like that toolbag, it's hard NOT to hate

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        THIS!!!
                        This is what I'm talking about! There is no benefit to having a car that looks and drives like this. This is all I can think about when I hear about the "stanced" scene; partly that cars like this appeared solely because of the stance-scene. I love it when a car sits flush and has a nice stance with some nice forward rake, but when the majority of the build threads are churning out cars that look like that toolbag, it's hard NOT to hate
                        You wanna provide some links to back up this claim? Preferably some within the past 6 months, tops, to keep some legitimacy to your "majority" claim.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

What makes a car "stanced" nowadays? Is a car that is fresh looking in general, clear paint, nice fitting rims, no excessive camber, but lowered to the point where it is in-practical to drive on, say, uneven roads a "stanced" car? which is kind of a description of an E30 M3 DTM car...

is it this

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                          The poseurs that melt springs, raise their shock towers via Chinese single-setting camber plates + nut-"spacers", roll around on 19x10 XXRs wrapped in 155/25s stretchy rubber bands with 15* camber and baseball-bat pounded-to-hell fenders just to get wheels that generally don't even look good to fit. The people who look like car people, but in reality are not. The people who have to watch out or they'll curb the INSIDE rim of their wheels while parallel parking. You know who I'm talking about.

this

or all the above?
                          ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                            Sleeping In an office chair while someone else puts an m60 in your rat rod truck... I'm sure your a good guy and all but... I'm sorry just cuz you turn a wrench in a shop sometimes doesn't make you what you make yourself out to be
                            Cory, I love you, but you're completely off here. Having someone else help you with a build is completely different from having someone else build it for you.
                            Byron
                            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              That whole article strikes me as a plea for acceptance. As if saying, "stance" is not a fad and they are car enthusiasts like everyone else instead of just "stance" enthusiasts. Generally speaking, most of us like lowered cars. They handle better (if done right) and look great. But taking any car, slamming it on nice wheels with crazy fitments and take high res pics...even if it's dirty/rusty, missing a bumper or looks like a junkyard car, then thumbing your nose at the traditional enthusiasts seems too easy to me. The thing is the traditional enthusiasts will always be there, just as they have from the beginning. To me, the whole stance thing is like an artform or style just like the many other styles that have developed over the years.

i couldnt agree more.

for the record im car crazy and love all things with a motor and at least 1 wheel ;D
                              we have all seen the guy who gets a car runs to pep boys and throws on the fender vents stickers and screw on exhaust tips.
                              although it may not suit my taste in all honesty i NEVER look down on guys like that instead i always think to myself (hes doing what he can with what he has).
                              weather it be financially or lack of knowledge hes at least showing his love for his car.
                              as far as taste well that will and always will be up to the individual.

as far as someone NOT being a car enthusiast unless they actually work on there car really? that has to be one of the dumbest things ever said on this forum....honestly.
                              i have yet to turn a wrench on ANY of my cars so what does that make me...
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                You wanna provide some links to back up this claim? Preferably some within the past 6 months, tops, to keep some legitimacy to your "majority" claim.
                                Maybe I got carried away with the whole "majority" here, but cars with insane excessive camber would never had existed had it not been for the stance-"scene" emrging as it has. That was my main point, and has been my main point from my first post in this thread

"Stance" in general itself has always been there; grabbing some coilovers, custom lips/spacers to make the wheel flush with the rolled (not pounded or pulled) fender/wheel wells, some moderate stretch, but not enough to wear the car struggles to put down power, some moderate warranted camber, not adding-camber-because-I-want-to-fit-wheels-that-aren't-supposed-to-fit-for-the-sake-of-fitting-oversized-wheels. Its only when posuers started pushing these limits and making a "scene" emerge from it where you have people doing crazier, more insane, ridiculous things to fit insane impracticable wheels on their car for the sake of "low", rather than "car".

I wouldn't necessarily classify them as traditional car enthusiasts. "Low" enthusiasts? Maybe, thats something I can live more with, but car enthusiasts.. No way

Comment

Working...
                                X