No announcement yet.

Excellent article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That article was not enlightening at all. One point that I really disagree with involves the idea of how "stance" or other mods don't ruin a car. Well, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing nice cars, especially the more special M3s, S4s, etc, whose fenders are all fucked up from being rolled too far. Doing damage like that just ruins it for me.
    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
      That article was not enlightening at all. One point that I really disagree with involves the idea of how "stance" or other mods don't ruin a car. Well, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing nice cars, especially the more special M3s, S4s, etc, whose fenders are all fucked up from being rolled too far. Doing damage like that just ruins it for me.
      Or more permanent things like chopping a top.

Now, if someone want's to do that shit, it's their car and it's a free country. But just as you have every right to do whatever the fuck you want with a car, I have a right to have an opinion on it. I also have the inherent right to like or dislike something.

It's the people who have problems with that are the people who are causing problems.

Does one think the Roman empire was born from being politically correct and touchy feely? Not so much.

By all means do what you like to your own vehicle, but if you can't handle criticism by expressing you own "ideas" maybe you shouldn't be so expressive...

When it comes right down to it, I like neat, well done vehicles with high quality work. even if it's not to my tasted I can appreciate it. When numbnuts next door stacks his chinese camber plates 2ft high with home depot washers and nuts to get "hella slammed brah" then yes, I do have a problem with that.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Don't worry, they <3 haters

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I like some stanced cars, and I like race cars. But I don't write articles saying you all should too. That's why I dislike all the stuff like this that comes out of stanceworks.

Let's all talk about each others cars in peace

-NICK

Comment

Excellent article

Stance|Works is always talking about some idealist society where men gathered around and talked about their cars in piece like they had no opinions or beliefs in how a car should be built.

I can't say that's true, but I find it hard to believe a bunch of dudes can come together as a collective and not fight over who is right and wrong.

I don't think that car-utopia ever existed :weak:

Comment

i dont have any respect for someone who is into the car "scene" and doesnt work on his car...not one ounce of that dudes effort is put into any of his vehicles. cool you take pix of your finished product and advertise it on your site as "your car" i call it bullshit
              -His-
              87 e30 325i
              87 e24 m6
              05 e83 x3
              94 e32 740i 5spd
              -Hers-
              89 e30 325i
              18 f48 x1

Comment

Really?!

It seems funny that Stanceworks would even publish this. 90% of the Stancework devotees are exactly the opposite of what this dude is trying to convey. "They" are the kind of guys that will look at your pride and joy (no matter how the car is set up) and say "Hey sweet ride" and then rip a guy to shreds as they walk away snickering and using harsh words.

Mind you, this didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it happen at a certain "gathering" of cars in the mountains of NC/TN. Yes....The Dragon. Hell...some these "Stance" cars aren't even set up to slay this amazing road, so I wondered why the fuck they are even there to begin with.

Bloody posers!! Who needs it. Go and park in a grocery store parking lot and continue thinking you're cool.

I love ALL cars, trucks. Even the "Stance" look. Hell... anything that moves via an engine has my interest. We ALL have the right to do with our cars as we will, but if you don't really like the way somebody else's "set up", SHUT THE FUCK UP and keep it to yourself. Why do you feel the need to strip someone of the pride they have for their car.

There are probably people out there who don't like YOUR car. So stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it ass hat. There....rant complete.
                sigpic
                1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

Originally posted by sapurvis View Post
                  It seems funny that Stanceworks would even publish this. 90% of the Stancework devotees are exactly the opposite of what this dude is trying to convey. "They" are the kind of guys that will look at your pride and joy (no matter how the car is set up) and say "Hey sweet ride" and then rip a guy to shreds as they walk away snickering and using harsh words.

Mind you, this didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it happen at a certain "gathering" of cars in the mountains of NC/TN. Yes....The Dragon. Hell...some these "Stance" cars aren't even set up to slay this amazing road, so I wondered why the fuck they are even there to begin with.

Bloody posers!! Who needs it. Go and park in a grocery store parking lot and continue thinking you're cool.

I love ALL cars, trucks. Even the "Stance" look. Hell... anything that moves via an engine has my interest. We ALL have the right to do with our cars as we will, but if you don't really like the way somebody else's "set up", SHUT THE FUCK UP and keep it to yourself. Why do you feel the need to strip someone of the pride they have for their car.

There are probably people out there who don't like YOUR car. So stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it ass hat. There....rant complete.
                  You just contradicted yourself...

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                    You just contradicted yourself...
                    Yes....guess I did didn't I. :( Guilty as charged. I guess I'm the ass hat at this point.
                    Last edited by sapurvis; 08-31-2013, 11:24 AM.
                    sigpic
                    1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

That whole article strikes me as a plea for acceptance. As if saying, "stance" is not a fad and they are car enthusiasts like everyone else instead of just "stance" enthusiasts. Generally speaking, most of us like lowered cars. They handle better (if done right) and look great. But taking any car, slamming it on nice wheels with crazy fitments and take high res pics...even if it's dirty/rusty, missing a bumper or looks like a junkyard car, then thumbing your nose at the traditional enthusiasts seems too easy to me. The thing is the traditional enthusiasts will always be there, just as they have from the beginning. To me, the whole stance thing is like an artform or style just like the many other styles that have developed over the years.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by spasticdwarf View Post
                        agreed man. You seen his backpack???
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Seems to me like people are more turned off about the people who are into a certain style, than about the style itself.

Everyone has surely met people who, even though we didn't like their car we thought they were awesome.

Its true also that certain personality types gravitate towards certain styles.

Great pics in that article.
                          monoblanco
                          www.passportsoccer.com

Comment

Originally posted by monoblanco View Post
                            Seems to me like people are more turned off about the people who are into a certain style, than about the style itself.

Everyone has surely met people who, even though we didn't like their car we thought they were awesome.

Its true also that certain personality types gravitate towards certain styles.

Great pics in that article.
                            The guy that works at the AutoZone near my house is fully immersed in the stance scene. He is super cool. That's all that really matters.
                            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                              Stance|Works is always talking about some idealist society where men gathered around and talked about their cars in piece like they had no opinions or beliefs in how a car should be built.

I can't say that's true, but I find it hard to believe a bunch of dudes can come together as a collective and not fight over who is right and wrong.
                              Quite the oppposite - I can't imagine car guys getting together and actually arguing that someone is right over someone else. Our group of friends is about one thing: cars. However they're done. Just today, we went to Cars & Coffee Irvine and then to breakfast - here we are in the parking lot:

A stanced car, a hot rod, and a Porsche track car. That's us, simple as that, and we've never had a need to argue. I don't understand the lack of mutual respect for fellow car lovers and their cars.

To each his own I suppose though. You're more than welcome to not like something. I just don't get the "right and wrong" attitude. It's akin to getting upset with someone and telling them they're wrong for getting chocolate ice cream when you like vanilla.

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                              i dont have any respect for someone who is into the car "scene" and doesnt work on his car...not one ounce of that dudes effort is put into any of his vehicles. cool you take pix of your finished product and advertise it on your site as "your car" i call it bullshit
                              You actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              That whole article strikes me as a plea for acceptance. As if saying, "stance" is not a fad and they are car enthusiasts like everyone else instead of just "stance" enthusiasts. Generally speaking, most of us like lowered cars. They handle better (if done right) and look great. But taking any car, slamming it on nice wheels with crazy fitments and take high res pics...even if it's dirty/rusty, missing a bumper or looks like a junkyard car, then thumbing your nose at the traditional enthusiasts seems too easy to me. The thing is the traditional enthusiasts will always be there, just as they have from the beginning. To me, the whole stance thing is like an artform or style just like the many other styles that have developed over the years.
                              There's no plea for acceptance - we've got that already. Not from everyone, but we're a solid staple in the car community these days. Our forum is twice the size of this one, and it has been around a fraction of the amount of time. That's not a putdown of this place: this was the first car forum I was really a part of. But my point is fair. We've got our acceptance. Even the upper tier of BMW NA and AG both truly appreciate StanceWorks and enjoy what we do.
                              Instead, we just want to rid the absurd negativity that seems rampant. See above.

Also - of course the traditional guys are always gonna be there, and stance will fade - that's not the point. Stance is the latest in an ongoing constantly changing and evolving aftermarket. There's no reason to chastise people for doing something differently than you. Your tastes, styles, and preferences are not any more correct than theirs.

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                              I went back and looked at the pictures. Liked the Pontiac and Merc. And that's Merc as in Mercury, not Mercedes Benz as some call them Mercs...
                              It's a Chevy. :)

Comment

Looked at the pretty photos, that's about it.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X