Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'70s rides, decade of disaster or delight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nando
    replied
    that's like taking a load from blunt in your mouth so your buddy doesn't have to though..

Leave a comment:

• tlake
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    yeah, there were lots of cool cars in the 70's. I actually think the 80's was far worse for cars, because it was still the aftermath of the oil crisis. '82 Iron Duke Camaro anyone?

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/0...rs-of-the-80s/
    Enthusiasts should thank those who bought Iron Duke F bodies, because that allowed GM to balance their CAFE average and offer V8 models. Just like the 528e allowed 533is to be sold.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    yeah, there were lots of cool cars in the 70's. I actually think the 80's was far worse for cars, because it was still the aftermath of the oil crisis. '82 Iron Duke Camaro anyone?

Leave a comment:

• tlake
    replied
    Originally posted by EREKSHUN View Post
    how about trucks? i love my 79 Bronco

And remember the blue F-150 called "Pepe Lil' Mule" that appeared in the 1984 movie Romancing The Stone?

Pepe Lil' Mule

Due to the easier pollution regs on trucks, I think the Dodge Lil' Red Express was the fastest domestic vehicle in the late '70s on top speed.

Leave a comment:

• mlbryant8
    replied
    This is what I had the pleasure of driving. The Ford Maverick. Darn thing was indestructible. The car was still going strong in the late 2000's after 4 teenagers and then to a cousin.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DrJosh
    replied
    The late 70's was pretty hot for Ford AUS.

Leave a comment:

• green61bug
    replied
    My addition to the thread is a 1972 Citroen SM... My dad owned one when I was a kid and it sure was one sweet ride. A Citroen with a bad Maserati motor...

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    ^^^ NOW you're talkin'!

1972 / 1973 was sort of a peak in the Great Cars era - sort of the end of the late 60s Great Cars. Think of the 911RS, the Daytona, the Dino, the 240z, the last cool-looking American cars (72 Z28 anyone?), ALL those things.

1973 was the end and they started sliding, then 1974 brought awful bumpers and badly bodged together emission controls and air pumps and "thermal reactors" (75 911 2.7 anyone?). It all went to shit until the mid-late 80s when (the E30) and some interesting other cars started to come out. Engineers started to figure out how to make great engines run clean and efficient, and from that standpoint it's been an uphill curve since.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    this one too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    ^i'll see your dollar and raise you a dollar.

BAM! bitches!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• UlrichFennec
    replied
    Genuinely surprised I haven't seen any mention of the Lamborghini Countach. The quintessential poster car for the 70's and 80's.

Leave a comment:

• RainRider
    replied
    Am I the ony one who ha a Chevy Monza? V8 4sp in a small cheaplly built car. (not my image, but same color)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• EREKSHUN
    replied
    how about trucks? i love my 79 Bronco

Leave a comment:

• tlake
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    The smaller bumper Gremlins are a little better looking..

AMC/Rambler may get a bad rap. But when modified, they will scream!!!
    Randall American dropped a 401 V8 into the Gremlin.:devil:

Gremlin 401-XR

AMG's Red Pig was actually a 6.8 liter machine that came 2nd in the 1971 SPA 24 Hours, and went through a lot of gas in the process.

Mercedes Finny

Leave a comment:

• Shangsta
    replied
    Opel kadett. Yes please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X