No announcement yet.

Value of my 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest Ebay if you can't decide on a price.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Removing the GC setup for standard Bilsteins and H&R's and putting Euroweaves or something stock looking would still net you the same price in my book.

You just eventually get capped when selling clean examples of this car.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I suggest parting it out

you'll get at least fourteenkay!
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
          The argument is that not everyone wants them, so you might be outpricing the market with such additions. If you want to get the most value, itemize them like you just did and give details of the GC setup. For example I personally don't know that the wheels go for that much, and my $5-6k number would be the same with weaves.

Perhaps offer the car with and without the wheels and MT2 wheel, since those are easily swapped out and sold separately. I would venture to say that parting out big ticket items, even the coilovers, will usually net more value. Looking at an even bigger picture, many suggest that modifications (though I personally would say yours are tasteful) de-value the car because of the idea that the owner was the modding/racing type and the car is no longer "original" in those aspects. If you don't want to do the part-out work, be clear on what/when/how much.
          I am in that boat. When I see a modded car, I automatically think that the car was driven hard and ragged out. If I had the cash to spend, I would have to REALLY think long and hard about taking a car that was modded like that.

I don't even look for CL ads that use e30 in them because that tells me that the owner immediately has an over-inflated sense of value and there will always be a premium a la the drift tax.

I also think you can sell the car easier with basketweaves and stock suspension. An enthusiast will then see his own vision for the relatively stock car that is presented.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            I don't even look for CL ads that use e30 in them
            Ha I do this too. I get all excited when I find one where the owner doesn't use the term E30.

Comment

You can never go wrong with factory original... All original matching vins outperform mods at auction in general. Its only original once as the saying goes. Anytime you have a super clean car that demands a premium over its ragged out beat up peers it is going to take longer to sell. Doesn't mean it wont or its not worth asking price its just catering to a specific and smaller market.

Very rarely are you going to get out what you put into a car with mods unless you are a professional who gets steep discounts or very rare parts that you bought from someone who didn't know what they were selling, even so you would still net more by selling parts to your desired crowd. MtechII kits for example. I don't think they add $2k to the value of any car but I venture a full kit with clips would sell here fairly quickly for $2000.
              Last edited by naplesE30; 09-18-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

here it is.

Comment

Working...
                X