School me; '91 Audi 200 20v Turbo wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me; '91 Audi 200 20v Turbo wagon

I ran across one somewhat locally & I've SEVERELY tempted to pull the trigger. I have a soft spot for VW/Audi as my screen name might suggest. I know maintenance can be pricey, but the price is reasonable I think. I know they're rarer than frog teeth, about 160 imported. Also, 217hp awd turbo manual wagon. I'm sure there will be some Audi hate as there always is an r3v, but any pertinent info as far as what to look for, or questions to ask would be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Big 200 with 20V engine made for fast highway cruiser. Engines run forever but wiring tended to be the issues that I remember most.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Such a cool vehicle. Can't wait for the rs2 avant to turn 25. I can't afford one, but it's an all time favorite, and I'd love to see some stateside.
      diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

LOL check out the front brakes and tell me you want one.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
          LOL check out the front brakes and tell me you want one.
          Huh? Are you talking about price? Performance? Availability?
          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
            Huh? Are you talking about price? Performance? Availability?
            Physically.

They are the most ridiculous, contrived thing ever.

Here's a pic from a 91 200 20v avant that came into the shop a few months ago.

That car was a nightmare. So much stuff is NLA, or you have to use such-n-such off of XXXX VW.

Those rotors are about $400 each.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Holy bejesus. That'll be a negotiation point if I go check it out for sure. Thanks for that.

Comment

UFO brakes are not that bad and the car easily fits on Porsche big brakes/Tourag Brembo's.

Comment

So I've read. This car really piques my interest. German, fast-(ish), rare, and...utilitarian. Who can't love this boxy goodness!?

(Not actual vehicle, but it thought it might rustle some jimmies)

Comment

It's a oversized Scirocco.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                      I ran across one somewhat locally & I've SEVERELY tempted to pull the trigger. I have a soft spot for VW/Audi as my screen name might suggest. I know maintenance can be pricey, but the price is reasonable I think. I know they're rarer than frog teeth, about 160 imported. Also, 217hp awd turbo manual wagon. I'm sure there will be some Audi hate as there always is an r3v, but any pertinent info as far as what to look for, or questions to ask would be greatly appreciated.
                      Put a tubo kit on an ix, it will be way faster and you can actually get parts.

23 year old factory turbo setups wont hold a candle to an ebay setup today..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        Put a tubo kit on an ix, it will be way faster and you can actually get parts.

23 year old factory turbo setups wont hold a candle to an ebay setup today..
                        Sure but I need to be able to carry dogs & gear in lots of snow. I already have and e30, I want to diversify.

Edit; turbo for the BMW is not out of the question, but I need another vehicle first.

Comment

I'd be looking at a cheap non turbo subaru if you want utility and a wagon..
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            It's a oversized Scirocco.
                            I'll respectfully disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              I'd be looking at a cheap non turbo subaru if you want utility and a wagon..
                              That's fair but I have a hard time turning down something that's much more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X