School me; '91 Audi 200 20v Turbo wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
    In case you didn't notice, your POS B5 S4 is also timing belt driven, and To change it the front of the car has to be ripped off. Oh and to change out to those K04s the drivetrain has to come out.

The e30 will have IMMENSELY less faults then some Peice of shit Audi will ever have. How do I know? I work on Audis all day long. Give Me an old BMW any day of the week.

Now with my hatred for poorly designed modern Audis out of the way. If you understand that you can't find parts for it, and it probably won't be terribly reliable, go for it. It looks like a neat car IMO. If it's what you want, go for it.
    Lol. Yes, I did the TB on the B5. Not really that hard, just time consuming, and anyone that complains about pulling the front clip to get it done is a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. That really isn't that hard at all, and makes the whole front of the motor easily accessible. Struck me as thoughtful engineering when I did the job, actually. Strangely, anywhere but here people will talk about how the I5 motors will do 300k with proper maintenance. Here on r3v; "unreliable pieces of shit!" I expected a bit of hate in this thread but the ratio of useful comments to useless hate is impressive. Thanks to those with some useful input.
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

I would rock it!
      The not finding parts thing would make me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
        It's just an Audi mang, and a wagon at that.
        Wagon = more desirable to me. I would hate beating up a vehicle like this in winter too but they are cheap and try telling someone not to.
        sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
        1997 M3 (sold)
        1989 320i Touring (sold)
        1990 325i (sold)
        1991 535i/5 (sold)
        1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
        http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
          Lol. Yes, I did the TB on the B5. Not really that hard, just time consuming, and anyone that complains about pulling the front clip to get it done is a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
          Well, I did an M20 timing belt in 2.5 hours, and that's not even quick. I should have swapped it out for a 24v.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I think the right way to do it would be to buy a m20 motored car with unknown mileage on the timing belt, not replace it because the car seems to be in good shape, drive it until it snaps, and THEN do a motor swap. Because that's easier than just doing scheduled maintenance.
            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Working...
            X