Do you have any idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any idea

do you have any idea how much mark up is on a set of Euro Elips, well i did a little digging and there's a set of there now going for 10.50 euro, which equals out to about 14cdn so 12-13amer. so when you pay 200+ for a set, think twice

ps, the set in mention has a high bidder from this forum

Yup, I already knew, but dayum.

Comment

where are these low priced elipsoids at?
      : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
      Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

You can get them MUCH cheaper on ebay.co.uk or ebay.de ... you just have to pay ~$60-80 to ship them over here.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

This particular auction is on ebay.de. Unknown how many would actually come with the connectors though, as its a standard thing over there. They would probably have to be requested or something.

Comment

still say 100 bucks to get them here, fuck way cheaper than buyin em off our for sale section

Comment

Supply and demand, my friend.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Yup. I love buying things from Germany. Too bad I dont know much(really any usefully) German. By considering how much the ellipsoids and grilles usually cost to us whether on our ebay or for sale section, I bought a whole set together with functional headlight adjusters (the in cabin style with that knob) from the standard ebaymotors.com, and got the headlight adjustment hardware electronics and shit for next to nothing.

And Dave speaks the truth, hardly anybody wants to go through the troubles bidding on stuff in Germany, in German, and figuring out how to understand what it all means. Much easier and stress free to just buy things third hand as the case may be for the majority of people, probably including myself if I had to.

Comment

I am sure you are talking about me. Go fuck yourself, and PM me first, before you try to bust my balls. First, I have yet to win a set of lights for 13 dollars. 2nd, The set usually costs me about 45-60 euros-50-75 dollars, plus 12 euros shipping from the german guy to my address here in germany. so now were at 80 dollars. shipping from germany to the states like someone mentioned is minimum 80 dollars- so now were at 160. Most of the light sets have something broken on them, i fix them- and none come with connectors-which i get- and I always include a set of euro grills- which you all on this forum sell for 60 dollars a set.
                  So now we are at 220. minus my time and the connectors. so tell me who is getting over??

Ill tell you what Fuckers like you are the ones who have pissed off others like me in germany and made it so we dont waste our time here sending crap to you. so go ahead and buy a set of lights off german ebay, and let me know how it goes for you! have fun with the customs too. If I could see you I would choke your little bitch ass!

and take a look at all the buy it now items. 35 eur. per side- no guarantee which brand, or how many of the 8 eur. a piece adjusters are broken, or the brackets. so just because it says 10.50 now, doesnt mean thats what its going to end at.
                  Last edited by mikeedler; 02-22-2006, 06:20 AM.

Comment

^ Word. It ain't as cheap as it seems. The amount of shit you have to do to deal with getting stuff shipped over from Europe almost isn't worth it... esp when dealing with customs and shit.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I've sold 20+ sets

And guess what? I made money on each set. Sometimes I'm able to double my money, sometimes I make $40, Its always different. It usually balances out to make it worth my time. If you want to complain about seller mark up, I suggest skip anything "retail".

Bahn e30, If you landed on BBS Island and every rim was an RS, and you could buy them for $50 each. How much would you sell them for here on R3V? Since the going price is over $1000 would you sell them for $250?

I'm also an internet dectective and I sometimes come across other peoples "money making schemes" but instead of whining about it, I ask myself if its something I could do as well.

I understand you think you are looking out for other board members, but you have only done part of the research. Please buy a set from German ebay and see how much you "save"

Here is a picture of all my spares.....Guess how many light sets I can make from them?????

ZERO......I have 5 sides that are BOSCH 3 sides that are HELLA. People in Germany dont care about mismatching, (90% of the lights I get are mismatched) but people who are about to spend $175 for a light set do....

Good luck on your quest for cheap smileys.

Comment

damn man, sell me some low beams.

'05 Jetta TDI
                        '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
                        '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
                        '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                        X