Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bavarian Auto Recycling & Bavarian Engine Exchange one and the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Auto Recycling & Bavarian Engine Exchange one and the same?

As the topic says. I know this whole area = junkyards far as the eye can see, but these guys are more or less right next door to each other. Need a very specific engine and BAR has it, but my friend (who I normally trust w/o question in these matters) is rather adimant that they're the same damn place. He's had a lot of bad experiences with BEE ~5-6 years ago and is threatening all sorts of nasty things if I buy from either of these places. Of course I say 5-6 years is a long time and that BAR seems to be highly favored around here, so I'm doing my due diligence via this post. ;)

Normally I'd just buy a new engine, or rebuild whatever I wind up with, but this time around I just want a good used "pulled from a wrecked car" motor that won't require a lot of dicking around with. BAR supposedly has this and the 20% discount for R3V members (assuming it's still active) would help out even more.

Looking forwards to hearing what those in the know have to say.

Regards,
    fastgeek

They are owned by the same person/organization. I was just there last week....two separate buildings (one for each operation respectively) and they are right next to each other.

As for parts quality & service, I have only purchased a few misc. items from them (interior, tail light assembly, etc.). Can't tell you much about things like engine components, entire motors, or gearboxes. They do have an impressive inventory....probably the largest in the greater Sacramento area. I had decent service the last time I paid them a visit.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I'd check out EuroDepot, they ship anywhere, and are THE cheapest for new and used parts. Their quality and service is excellant, and thats who I go through. www.theeurodepot.com Bav Engine exchange seems overpriced, from what I've seen at least. At EuroDepot you can get an m20 including shipping for around 695 anywhere in the lower 48 states, with warranty, etc.
      01 325Ci
      87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

BAR Sold me a starter on ebay when they didn't even have one in stock, I had to wait a few weeks till they got a good one in stock. I did get the starter and it worked perfectly, just seemed shady to me when thye listed an item on ebay and didn't even have one(admitted it on the phone)
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
        X