Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Norway, Sweden and the like - love e30's so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Norway, Sweden and the like - love e30's so much?

Someone enlighten me. For such a small country(s) - why are so many cool BMWs are being modded there? They make some crazy cars (not just e30's too) .... It's crazy right? So what's the deal?

(I'm not looking for a "theory" from some guy that lives in NJ and paints cars for a living(cough-vlad-cough)....maybe some of our fellow r3v'ers that live in the area know?)
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

they also love other cars... not especially e30. They also have a big love for US cars, afaik the biggest US Car show is in Sweden ;)
    *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Every time I read a thread title with the word "Norway" in it, I know I am in for a treat!

Comment

Culture and a desire to succeed

Comment

They have the money there to actually build nice cars. There isn't "that" many cars from there on line-just the ones that do come up are VERY nice. I think they are on the American sites alot too. just my guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
            they also love other cars... not especially e30. They also have a big love for US cars, afaik the biggest US Car show is in Sweden ;)
            yes that's true, and old beemers are very popular but the e30 is probably one of the most popular. because it looks nice, it's light, fun to drive and build and you can find many good parts for them ;) it's not to hard to find 1000 whp beemers here in north :p

Comment

I always thought it was because the e30 is to europe as the 5th gen Honda Civic is to North America.

Comment

I talked to a guy from sweden about it and he said the community is very open with power mods and secrets so they share info and dont try to profit from it as much as we do. So thats why you see so many makin crazy power! But they pay some 60% income tax too!! and they love it

Comment

Dont believe swedes pay 60% tax, its only around 30% here in Norway.
                  being open on mods on the other hand is usually shared on forums up here, with pics and everything described to anyone to understand.
                  Parts are also often sold to fellow forumers when upgrading and I guess thats one reason for the growing amount of hardcore cars.

Comment

Originally posted by dustyperez View Post
                    I talked to a guy from sweden about it and he said the community is very open with power mods and secrets so they share info and dont try to profit from it as much as we do. So thats why you see so many makin crazy power! But they pay some 60% income tax too!! and they love it
                    Like Kvasi said the income tax is around 30% :)
                    E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                    E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                    E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

The awesome projects may also be a result of long dark winters?
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
                        And it probably gets you a hell of a lot of government services as well, eh?
                        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                        Originally posted by mbonanni
                        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

A big deal in how/why they get so much done is due to the amount of time spent indoors during the winter. When I was briefly living in Sweden, it was crazy. You need to be occupied during that time or you get depressed.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                            The awesome projects may also be a result of long dark winters?
                            That's my theory too. Lock a few Swedes in a garage for 8 months and watch what happens.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Kvasi View Post
                              Dont believe swedes pay 60% tax, its only around 30% here in Norway.
                              being open on mods on the other hand is usually shared on forums up here, with pics and everything described to anyone to understand.
                              Parts are also often sold to fellow forumers when upgrading and I guess thats one reason for the growing amount of hardcore cars.

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
                              yes but dont you guy have like a 22% VAT and all kinds of use fees and hidden consumer taxes that push your effective tax rates well into the upper 40's low 50's percentile of your incomes across the board. Traffic fines based on % of your income and other weird sliding scale revenue generators for the state????
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X