Someone cheer me up :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone cheer me up :(

E30 was in an accident, saved up so long to get my baby. It'll be fixed, can't leave it like this, am i crazy?

Fixable? Gotta at least try, am i right?

That 100% fixable all you need is the lower section of the passenger quarter panel and a new door.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      That 100% fixable all you need is the lower section of the passenger quarter panel and a new door.
      Found a door already, gonna try to fix the quarter before i do any welding, most of it is one dent so im hoping i can pop it out then work some magic to make it nice again.

Comment

That looks fixable. Any suspension damage? Looks like your rear wheel is tweaked but it might just be me.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          That looks fixable. Any suspension damage? Looks like your rear wheel is tweaked but it might just be me.
          I see what your saying about the wheel, I think its the water on the tire making it look bent in.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Yeah that doesn't look all that bad actually, Just hit up your local yards and get a new door fender and maybe a quarter panel depends on how bad the damage is to it you might be able to salvage it.

You can do the work yourself and save a lot of money. By the way what happened did some idiot side swipe you?

Comment

Originally posted by Freakshow View Post
              Yeah that doesn't look all that bad actually, Just hit up your local yards and get a new door fender and maybe a quarter panel depends on how bad the damage is to it you might be able to salvage it.

You can do the work yourself and save a lot of money. By the way what happened did some idiot side swipe you?
              was turning left and car hit me at the front fender and dragged along to the quarter. Could have been much worse, glad im okay, and even happier i can fix this.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              Yeah it bent my control arm, thats already been replaced. Car is mechanically sound, this is literally the only problem with it besides a water leak. No rust. Nothing, car was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by E30NS View Post
                No rust. Nothing, car was perfect.
                Second picture has rust. But that's just stating the obvious.

Fix 'er up!

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Should've mentioned, the accident happend about two months ago, and I've been resilient to post on here as i figure i might get the HS student shouldnt have an E30 lecture. Most of the damage has some surface rust on it right now, but its going away until march/april.

Comment

Should've mentioned, the accident happend about two months ago, and I've been resilient to post on here as i figure i might get the HS student shouldnt have an E30 lecture. Most of the damage has some surface rust on it right now, but its going away until march/april.
                    Anyone can own an e30 just need respect for the car imo. I'm in my last semester in highschool and I'm restoring an e30 with some help from my dad. It just takes the know how and the will power to work on these things and of course a love for the car.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      Anyone can own an e30 just need respect for the car imo. I'm in my last semester in highschool and I'm restoring an e30 with some help from my dad. It just takes the know how and the will power to work on these things and of course a love for the car.
                      I adore this car, I've never had the want to learn more about something in my life. It shaped my future too, plan on becoming a certificated mechanic. It'll be fixed, then it's time for boost. ;D

Comment

that rear wheel is def tweaked. Rear trailing arm is most likely bent.
                        www.instagram.com/snwmble
                        #snwmble

Current:
                        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

It shaped my future too, plan on becoming a certificated mechanic. It'll be fixed, then it's time for boost. ;D
                          Reeaaalllllyyyy think about that decision. Talk to mechanics in your area. Even dealer techs. It's a very tedious, unsung, commonly overworked and underpaid profession, with the very real chance that it might completely destroy your current love for cars.

I was THE commercial go-to parts guy for my last city for YEARS. Nearly every single dealer and shop tech I worked with only did the work because it was all they knew, and wish they could've done better. Typically starting their own shops after several years going bankrupt and shutting shop a year or so later, now bankrupt.

I really don't want to smash your desires and hopes, and am not intending to. It's in a lot of ways bad, in few ways good, and if I'm brutally honest it is a progression that can take a lllooooonnnngggg unless you get lucky. I watched a lot of dreams and hobbies get destroyed by being a tech. Extremely sad thing to see how bad it happens sometimes.
                          Last edited by TurboJake; 01-28-2014, 08:57 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                            Reeaaalllllyyyy think about that decision. Talk to mechanics in your area. Even dealer techs. It's a very tedious, unsung, overworked and underpaid profession, with the very real chance that it might completely destroy your current love for cars.

I was THE commercial go-to parts guy for my last city for YEARS. Every single dealer and shop tech I worked with only did the work because it was all they knew, and wish they could've done better. Typically starting their own shops after several years going bankrupt and shutting shop a year or so later, now bankrupt.

I really don't want to smash your desires and hopes, and am not intending to. It's in a lot of ways bad, in few ways good, and if I'm brutally honest progression can take a lllooooonnnngggg unless you get lucky.
                            True, I still have time, and I'll probably change my mind by the time I'm out of high school.

Comment

I have the same plans as you. In fact I already have my school and everything picked just waiting to get my diploma. The mechanics in my area make good money so I'm not really worried about that. I looked at it more from the stance of if you love your job you'll never work a day in your life. Well I love cars and can work on cars for hours apon hours and I'll think I've only been doing it for a couple hours. So I chose a career I'd love doing, my plan is to open a shop I got a few friends with the same plans maybe one day we can scrap the cash together and get our own shop running.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                              X