Carparts.com or carpartswholesale on ebay - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carparts.com or carpartswholesale on ebay - Question

Has anyone bought from them? I am looking at getting a core support and they have great prices.

The thing is, they say OE not OEM. I know the difference, but does anyone have any experience with their parts and fitment?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Are you sure you know the difference? OE means a BMW branded part.

I have no experience with those sites, but if the parts are in fact "OE" they will have perfect fitment, as they are BMW branded.

Comment

OE is original equipment meaning it is designed after the same part. OEM is original equipment manufacturer and the original parts are made by the same company as the aftermarket part labeled OEM.

Am I right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i was told that company that made ANY part on lets say a 1991 325i can claim that they are OEM and make ANY other parts for that car and still claim that its OEM.

Comment

A BMW branded part is OE. That same part made by the same manufacturer but sold under their own name is OEM. Then some OE parts are also branded with the mfg such as Bosch alternators or AC compressors and can have 2 PNs.

Confused ? Buy a Honda :-)
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

have used them many many many times for mirrors, and have yet to have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by charlescho View Post
              have used them many many many times for mirrors, and have yet to have any issues.
              This is what I was looking for but the rest of the info is awesome too.

I ordered the core support. Pretty amped about it actually. Can't complain about $100 for a brand new part.
              Last edited by marshallnoise; 04-15-2014, 01:32 PM.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                This is what I was looking for but the rest of the info is awesome too.

I ordered the core support. Pretty amped about it actually. Can't complain about $100 for a brand new part.

100 bucks for a core support?? Thats not OE. Well it may be about as OE as ECSTunings euro bumpers which are Chinese with OE trim. Companies are so deceptive. But who knows?? Maybe they bought a boxcar full of core supports or something .. But I know what cost is on an OE e30 core support and its more than 100 bucks
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                  100 bucks for a core support?? Thats not OE. Well it may be about as OE as ECSTunings euro bumpers which are Chinese with OE trim. Companies are so deceptive. But who knows?? Maybe they bought a boxcar full of core supports or something .. But I know what cost is on an OE e30 core support and its more than 100 bucks
                  You might be right. I read that car parts.com is affiliated with JC Whitney. They use OE all the time. I just hope I am pleasantly surprised.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

You might be right. I read that car parts.com is affiliated with JC Whitney. They use OE all the time. I just hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Itll probably be fine. What did they nail you to ship it?? We sell one a month to R3v victims and packing them is a trick And really expensive to ship

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

You are really going to be pissed now...$102 shipped. Plus CA tax of course.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

If it's the vendor I'm thinking of, I did buy an exhaust for my e34. Had ordered from one of their listings twice back in the fall, but kept getting emails saying it was not in stock. They still kept showing listing after listing with it being available so I just gave up. My funds from PayPal were refunded promptly, however. Two weeks ago, I saw another listing for an exhaust & decided to try again. This time it was in stock and made it to my door in under a week. And, it actually fit! Probably some crap steel, but if I get a few years out of it, I'll be happy.
                        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                        '95 525iT
                        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                        '98 Disco 1

Comment

You are really going to be pissed now...$102 shipped. Plus CA tax of course.

Wow That is awesome.. Please report back on what you end up with. If its a decent piece Id like to be able to refer customers looking for a cheap alternative because r3v

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                            Wow That is awesome.. Please report back on what you end up with. If its a decent piece Id like to be able to refer customers looking for a cheap alternative because r3v
                            Will do. My guess is that they are near end of stock and just blowing them out. Or they are simply trash. Ha!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                            X