BMW newby checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Shock Mount

most people install a shock mount reinforcement plate to take care of the weak point. See below.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Comment

And that's all I need to correct this issue?

Comment

Alright, got the bmw up on the lift today.
        Rear exhaust gaskets are gone, not there anymore. So theres like a 10$ fix, needs an alignment done too. I did discover this car has a magnaflow after cat exhaust on it.

The rear shock is shot as well, doesn't appear or sound like there is any fluid left in it anymore.

The guibo unit, or driveshaft balancer blah blah is on the verge of disintegrating as well. Kind of figured that since it had a slight vibration at certain rpms.

So I ordered a new guibo, can get the exhaust gaskets locally as well. Do them both when the guibo comes in.

Then when I got home I was greeted by my new valve cover gasket! So I got the valve cover off to be un pleasantly surprised.

Do you see it???
        Let me zoom in for you,

See now?
        2 snapped rockers!
        Amazingly enough the car still ran, and ran pretty good honestly.
        So I will order 2 more tonight, already looked up how to pull the assembly out.
        So will change those out soon as replacements come in. Then take it back out to the left and do the guibo and exhaust gaskets.

I will say right now, I don't have the ability nor the desire to pull the motor or the head at this stage to do this. So while its going to be tight, I am 99% sure I can in fact do this with the motor still in the car.

I am going to paint the valve cover, got it started already. Degreased it, roughed the surface, hit it with a primer, then red high heat enamel. Once that all cured up Ill go ahead and sand the paint off the bmw logo, and the bars on the calve cover.

joy joy

Comment

Well I think I will go ahead and pull the head after all.

Comment

Working...
          X