Ways to add horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to add horsepower

Hello i am a boy with a passion for E30 , my first car will surelly be an E30 coupe, but the thing that i am "worried" is i want more power to the weels, i want more hp , i want a maniacs car thats a DD, so to boost the HP i am allready saving for a turbo so that part is taken care of,but it doesnt occur to me more ways to add hp witouth making a motor swap , and i really wanted a significant increase of hp , so if you guys can help me with that i would be really grateful. Thanks in advance :) :p

there really is no 'easy' way to increase hp significantly.

sorry, but that is the cold hard truth.

Comment

Originally posted by charlescho View Post
      there really is no 'easy' way to increase hp significantly.

sorry, but that is the cold hard truth.
      I dont reffer to 1 part, it could be many parts that put together can increase like 20-60 hp , thats what i really wanted but thanks anyway :)

Comment

sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Could you say to me how much hp does that add to the car please? :D

Comment

Originally posted by ricardopires View Post
            Could you say to me how much hp does that add to the car please? :D
            If you click the links they tell you how much power those engines will put out.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
              If you click the links they tell you how much power those engines will put out.
              Sorry im a noob but to know the hp it will give you take that and subtract with the original hp, because first i am gonna turbo charge my car so it will even have more hp , thanks :D

Comment

They came with 168 stock, but that was 20 years ago, who knows how many horses your engine would have lost by now.

How much boost are you going to run? 7 psi? 15? 2000?
                sigpic

Comment

They can lose a lot of horses in 20 years.
                  Im gonna run it between 17 and 19 psi .

Comment

Originally posted by ricardopires View Post
                    They can lose a lot of horses in 20 years.
                    Im gonna run it between 17 and 19 psi .
                    That would be a lot of boost for an M20. Even if you start with a freshly built engine (with FI in mind), a standalone engine management system, and professional tuning (all of which is expensive) reliability is going to be iffy.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                      That would be a lot of boost for an M20. Even if you start with a freshly built engine (with FI in mind), a standalone engine management system, and professional tuning (all of which is expensive) reliability is going to be iffy.
                      There is a guy out there selling a turbo and its acessories and all the other stuff (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307513 there is also a very popular video on /tuned in youtube)that puts the car in that range with a few tweaks,besides my own personal modifications, does it reallly decreases the reliability a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                        reliability is going to be iffy.
                        If the reliability is gonna be that bad i should do like 12 or 15 maybe

Comment

Hey Ricardo, you'll wanna slow it down a bit. First, buy a car. Then start adding 19psi to it. Maybe even start out much lower psi. Work your way up. 19psi is going to be a serious, aggressive, barely streetable car.

With that said, have you considered supercharging? Cause it is waaaaaaay better than turbo-ing.;D
                          Originally posted by Andy.B
                          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Last edited by Nick_S; 05-03-2014, 04:52 PM. Reason: huge picture!
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

As a new driver with a 325i coupe, trust me, it has enough power to get you into plenty of trouble. and cornfields. And yards. Ask me how I know.
                              It's not bad paint, it's called "patina"

Comment

Working...
                              X