E30 prices...Only going to keep going up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    Your arguing about different cars that appeal to different people. Cars from the 40's. People usually don't leave them alone and rarely keep them stock. Muscle cars, a Nova or Dart with a single barrel carb isn't a muscle car lol. That's a base model and don't fetch as much as their hi-po counterparts. Why, because not many people care about a base model car unless its rare of some sort. Now if they where a Nova SS or a Dart GTS. Then yes they will bring more money stock then if someone modified it. Unless there was some history behind the car. Would Big Willie Robisons 69 Daytona be worth more restored to stock or left modified? I'd lean toward modified due to the history behind the car. I'm not to for sure where you are getting a barn find mustang that may bring in the money and then say people are thinking that their grandmothers Olds will do the same? I'm thinking you're just pulling stuff out of your ass to hear yourself talk.
    You made most of the points I was going to make, so I'm just quoting you.
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      I said tracking gas prices not tracking gas stations. That means as gas prices go up your car's value goes up and when they fall your car's value will go down a little. But since gas prices always steadily go up so will the m42 value. That's what geo metro prices do. They go up really high during the summer and gas price spikes and come back down a little in winter.
      I dunno, you do kinda seem generally argumentative. :)
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
        I said tracking gas prices not tracking gas stations. That means as gas prices go up your car's value goes up and when they fall your car's value will go down a little. But since gas prices always steadily go up so will the m42 value. That's what geo metro prices do. They go up really high during the summer and gas price spikes and come back down a little in winter
        I REALLY think you're just trolling now.

If someone really needed to shave $10 off their gas bill every month, they'd be in the market for a pre-millennial Prius, not a POS BMW from the 80s

Comment

You don't buy and drive a BMW to save on gas.

Comment

Damn! I had no idea this thread would get so contentious when I started it. However, I must say that it's been entertaining.

Comment

I paid $6k for mine. Here's why

-One owner
              -Bone stock, not a single mod.
              -67k original miles
              -No rust (North east premium)
              -Clean body, interior

Now, some may say I overpaid...I say I like Hunts better than Heinz

Comment

Originally posted by cavpilot View Post
                Damn! I had no idea this thread would get so contentious when I started it. However, I must say that it's been entertaining.
                I've had a good time. Contention aside, it's a good display of the all the (different) reasons people love their e30's.

And why people want them.

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                  Sitting in my cossie felt like being in a horse carriage that wouldn't pass smog.
                  lmao.

But really --- i have to agree with all the proponents of this issue.
                  E30's have a very, VERY solid parts/support/following network.

Therefore, there really is a basis for growth in terms of their prices.
                  Now take some other cars, ie: my other car, a Peugeot.
                  These cars are also increasing in value (very slightly) but that's just based on rarity.
                  These cars have close to NO network for anything in this country, and the marque is often looked to as a comparable "French Ford".

The BMW is much different - it's a premium brand, if not the most popular foreign premium brand in the country.

I'm seeing other cars that loosely fall into the same category as the E30 (Volvo 240, Mk2 VW GTi, Ae86 corolla) appreciate similarly.

Beyond this, there are ALWAYS going to be uneducated buyers in the market, wherever you go.
                  As well as beat-to-shit E30's - ones where repair/resto costs will certainly trump asking prices.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                  X