OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      I don't think anyone ever implied that.
      When I say that tasteful mods don't lower the value of one's car and you respond with three other people that bone stock is always going to fetch a higher price then you're right, you're not "implying" anything...you're flat out stating it as fact.
      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

I think e30 prices will just keep going up and never dip back down. There can still be good deals to be had, but they are becoming few and far between. I feel I got extremely lucky for what I got mine for. And it all depends on the buyer, I think an extremely well done modded car will fetch more than an OEM+ car excluding m3's.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

I don't give a shit about the value of my e30. I bought it to drive and mod it the way I want it. I find more value in my enjoyment of it then I do on resale value.
          sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

I Can't believe how a bunch of people with e30's want to argue that they suck and should not be worth anything

I don't care if my car is worth $1,000 or $10,000 I love it and will continue to drive it
            1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
            2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
            2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I will be keeping my completely stock 318is (yes with the M42) for years to come......and NO it is not for sale. No matter what someone offers me for it.

I dreamed too long for an E30, and to find the one I did which is so very clean and almost completely OEM, I want to drive, and enjoy it until I die. :D
              sigpic
              1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

The ridiculous e30 price gouging is why I'm currently in a Honda.

$1500 was what I was willing to spend on a new DD, and everyone wants 3k for their beat up e30.

Ridiculous.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by sapurvis View Post
                  I will be keeping my completely stock 318is (yes with the M42) for years to come......and NO it is not for sale. No matter what someone offers me for it.
                  you don't have anything to worry about. your m42 will track gas prices like 3 cylinder geo metros

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                    When I say that tasteful mods don't lower the value of one's car and you respond with three other people that bone stock is always going to fetch a higher price then you're right, you're not "implying" anything...you're flat out stating it as fact.
                    What you did was replace stock parts for more desireable stock parts. You made a clone. Is it worth more this way? Most of the time yes. But will it be worth what the real thing brings? No, cause it is a fake, it didn't roll off the assembly line as a mtech car.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

So you're basically saying what I wrote originally that these guys are arguing against: that it depends on the car and how it was done. Instead they keep arguing that a bone stock car will *always* be worth more than a modded one. And then for whatever reason you quoted that statement and said you completely agreed. But it's horseshit...no one wants a bone stock nova or dart with saggy ass suspension and a single barrel carb.

Just because barn find mustangs sell for ridiculous amounts of money doesn't mean your grandmas stock oldsmobile with 300000 thousand miles on it is going to fetch 40,000 dollars. So saying any 60's muscle car will always fetch the highest amount is wrong.

After we finished up our 45 Chevy and rolled it the shop the buyer didn't ask where the 6volt system was. He also didn't ask for or care about the 700 pound hydraulic knuckle front end. Modern front end with power steering and 12v system and a motor with an oil pump instead of splashing it around means he can drive the shit out of it with his family.

Now if you have something that is rare, like a ix or a Bauer or an mtech or m3 then yes you should keep it as stock as possible. The IS is going to fetch more than an I but again it's not going to matter if you have aftermarket springs on it instead of 200000 mile suspension just because "it's stock"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You might want to go back and read my posts because i never said anything about mods at all. I think you are arguing for the sake of it..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You might want to go back and read my posts because i never said anything about mods at all. I think you are arguing for the sake of it..

Maybe angry about the sig pics. Who knows.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I think you are arguing for the sake of it..
                            nah, just surprised that you actually tried to piss all over my post about how there are plenty of 20 year old hondas and toyotas for sale that are in good running order when you have more than a dozen of them in your local craigslist section right now

most people agree with me that to everyone other than enthusiasts we're just driving old cars with high maintenance costs

never in a million years would I think that was a contentious issue so it was surprising that you even tried to argue about that. but it's herd mentality around here so I really shouldn't have been

Comment

So you're basically saying what I wrote originally that these guys are arguing against: that it depends on the car and how it was done. Instead they keep arguing that a bone stock car will *always* be worth more than a modded one. And then for whatever reason you quoted that statement and said you completely agreed. But it's horseshit...no one wants a bone stock nova or dart with saggy ass suspension and a single barrel carb.

Just because barn find mustangs sell for ridiculous amounts of money doesn't mean your grandmas stock oldsmobile with 300000 thousand miles on it is going to fetch 40,000 dollars. So saying any 60's muscle car will always fetch the highest amount is wrong.

After we finished up our 45 Chevy and rolled it the shop the buyer didn't ask where the 6volt system was. He also didn't ask for or care about the 700 pound hydraulic knuckle front end. Modern front end with power steering and 12v system and a motor with an oil pump instead of splashing it around means he can drive the shit out of it with his family.

Now if you have something that is rare, like a ix or a Bauer or an mtech or m3 then yes you should keep it as stock as possible. The IS is going to fetch more than an I but again it's not going to matter if you have aftermarket springs on it instead of 200000 mile suspension just because "it's stock"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Your arguing about different cars that appeal to different people. Cars from the 40's. People usually don't leave them alone and rarely keep them stock. Muscle cars, a Nova or Dart with a single barrel carb isn't a muscle car lol. That's a base model and don't fetch as much as their hi-po counterparts. Why, because not many people care about a base model car unless its rare of some sort. Now if they where a Nova SS or a Dart GTS. Then yes they will bring more money stock then if someone modified it. Unless there was some history behind the car. Would Big Willie Robisons 69 Daytona be worth more restored to stock or left modified? I'd lean toward modified due to the history behind the car. I'm not to for sure where you are getting a barn find mustang that may bring in the money and then say people are thinking that their grandmothers Olds will do the same? I'm thinking you're just pulling stuff out of your ass to hear yourself talk.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                                I'm thinking you're just pulling stuff out of your ass to hear yourself talk.
                                nah, but that's a nice tactic you and your mod are trying to pull off to shut down conversation.

my examples were the same thing being done in this thread. we already established M3's, iS', mtech's, bauers, iX' models are going to fetch more unmolested so that's not what this thread is about. this thread is about e30's in general. and then the person I was responding to, and the one you quoted and agree with, stated that *ANY* 60's muscle car is going to fetch more. Now you're changing the argument. You may not think they are but Motor Trend and any club that categorizes muscle cars *does* consider base models of novas, darts, and cutties "muscle cars." That's the deal. I specifically stated it depends on the model and the person trying to argue that point said that for the record *ANY* model would. But no, I'm the one arguing just to argue even though you all piled on and when shown examples where you're wrong just change what you were saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X