cockpit adjustable headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cockpit adjustable headlights

I went to go pick up some used parts for my 318is this weekend and they guy who owned the parts car had a set of headlights with a pneumatic piece on the platic bucket to change the pitch from inside the car. Has anyone heard of one of these? Are they worth pickup or just a matience nightmare?

I thought that was only europe?
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I have all the parts for it, and its semi installed.

the parts are VERY unreliable, as its a vacuum system.

The best bet is to get the e30 switch, take it apart and add switches/sensors to make it electrical, and install the e34 headlight adjusters and turn the thing from vacuum to electrically driven.

More work, but more reliable..

Comment

I've haven't seen a stock set of e30 adjusters that actually function in about 10 years lol.
        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

all cars built after 1991 in germany had to have adjustable headlights. I have seen a couple of sets that work over here, but very few. Its just so that when you load your trunk full of heavy ass german beer bottles, you dont blind oncoming drivers on the way home. pretty stupid actually.

Comment

mine is rooted, i'm actually going to cut it out.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

yea both my e30s have them but dont work. I deleted them in both cars.

Comment

My 324td touring had a working set.. what a waste of money..

Julien
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Yeah, I also removed them, when I changed my headlights...

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone
                    I have all the parts for it, and its semi installed.

the parts are VERY unreliable, as its a vacuum system.

The best bet is to get the e30 switch, take it apart and add switches/sensors to make it electrical, and install the e34 headlight adjusters and turn the thing from vacuum to electrically driven.

More work, but more reliable..
                    You love useless rare parts on your car don't you :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

My IS300 has self leveling HIDs. I shudder to think of what the cost would be to replace them. The housing for one headlamp (just the plastic part) was 400+ IIRC when the fixed a leaky sealed one for me (under warranty, of course).

If they ever quit and its on my dime, I'll get the (don't laugh) JDM Altezza lights that are fixed and without the adjustable mumbo jumbo.
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                        My IS300 has self leveling HIDs. I shudder to think of what the cost would be to replace them. The housing for one headlamp (just the plastic part) was 400+ IIRC when the fixed a leaky sealed one for me (under warranty, of course).

If they ever quit and its on my dime, I'll get the (don't laugh) JDM Altezza lights that are fixed and without the adjustable mumbo jumbo.
                        No laughing here. Darker housing FTW.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Working...
                        X