Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ill Think About it" what does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ill Think About it" what does this mean?

hey when buying a car if the seller says, "Ill think about it" once you offer him an amount what does that mean to you?

To me it means "no". He's waiting for a better offer.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by E30-330i
      hey when buying a car if the seller says, "Ill think about it" once you offer him an amount what does that mean to you?
      It means he wants more. You're probably a few hundred shy of what he wants as a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
        It means he wants more. You're probably a few hundred shy of what he wants as a minimum.
        He's keeping his options open...

Comment

Your response should be, well, if that isn't acceptable, what is? Whatever you do, dont bid against yourself. Get him to commit to a number before you bump it up.
          Current Cars
          2014 M235i
          2009 R56 Cooper S
          1998 M3
          1997 M3

Comment

That means "I'm walking away".

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
              That means "I'm walking away".

-Charlie
              bingo.

Money talks, and money walks.

That is why buying with cash is so nice. If they want 10k for a car, and you show up with 8800 in cash... the bag full of hundreds gets their wheels turning a little more than some offer.

Just start looking for something else... if the owner finally needs to get it gone, they'll call you and you'll get what you want in the end.
              PNW Crew
              90 m3
              06 m5

Comment

i prefer the old, this is all i got, pull it out of both front pockets, but keep a few extra bills in the back pocket incase he doesn't bite....

Comment

It means you are a cheap ass. Give the guy the money he deserves you swindler!
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Im assuming that you are dealing with the owner of the car you wouldnt tell us about earlier in the week? if its a rarity... then pay the man some more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281
                      It means you are a cheap ass. Give the guy the money he deserves you swindler!
                      hey thansk bro. great advice. man where were you when I was getting the loan and the rest of the money I have saved up. Im glad you gave your 2 cents. Thanks!!!

I would let this one go uofom3 but the problem is that finding another one out here in such good shape and a US-spec one is unheard of. Ill keep you guys posted. He is supposed to call me tomorrow, once he talks things over with his German friend.

Comment

it means he wants more, but hell take it if the car doesnt sell for 2 years.
                        : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
                        Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

Try this- I sell cars for a living, so for me its easy. "I'll think about it.." "Well, I know you need to think about it. Here is a check/cash for $$$ as a deposit. If you choose not to take my offer, just let me know and I will swing down and pick up the deposit. Just call me tomorrow and let me know, so I know to stop looking."
                          Worked great when I used it.
                          01 325Ci
                          87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

not a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X