No announcement yet.

Mini cooper or Element?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have one Car now,and thats the Euro E28.
    I need something to daily and beat with cold AC.

I need sumthing with better fuel that what i get on the E28.
    I get 20.0 on the Highway I wanna garage it,and i finally have a job where i can afford two cars.

I suggested the element because i can throw shit in the back and not really give a shit,the mini is cute as hell,but i heard it sucks balls in regards to owership.

Id be open to a E46 330/325I or MK4 GLI but no one has them anymore.

Whats the size comparison XB vs Element? And it WILL BE a manual. If i have to have a NEW Car im making payments onit has to be somewhat fun.

Comment

Element is bigger than the xb by a margin
      BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

I bought my well maintained, mostly stock r53 for $5000.

2 months or so later I was $11,000+ deep into it.

That's all I have to say.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          I know the tensioners on the newer ones R56 aren't always installed well, so they'll back out. Never heard of an outright failure though....
          The r56 timing chain issues are well documented. When they start to make noise, timing chain "stretch" is measured; if it's within a certain tolerance, you can supposedly get away with simply installing an updated tensioner. If it's out of spec, you replace the timing chain/guide rails as a "cassette", along with a new tensioner. I've done I think five or six over the past year, year and a half. Every one that's come in needed the whole job, not just the tensioner. We had one fatality come in out of warranty, customer was stuck replacing the engine on his own dime.

I think I'm the only guy in the shop that doesn't mind working on minis, but I would never own one. I don't like working on my own car, my daily driver that is; working on my toy cars is still fun. Minis need shit done all the time, last thing I want to do on a weekend is some bullshit job on my commuter car.
          '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
          '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
            I only have one Car now,and thats the Euro E28.
            I need something to daily and beat with cold AC.

I need sumthing with better fuel that what i get on the E28.
            I get 20.0 on the Highway I wanna garage it,and i finally have a job where i can afford two cars.

I suggested the element because i can throw shit in the back and not really give a shit,the mini is cute as hell,but i heard it sucks balls in regards to owership.

Id be open to a E46 330/325I or MK4 GLI but no one has them anymore.

Whats the size comparison XB vs Element? And it WILL BE a manual. If i have to have a NEW Car im making payments onit has to be somewhat fun.
            e46, yes.

mk4 vw, no. trust me.
            Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Buy my matrix for $3k and drop a new motor in it. Very practical car, great on gas, I've pushed it to 40mpg, 5speed, ladies love it.

Comment

for a daily that meets the requirements OP needs, I purchased an 07 focus last summer, fully loaded and with 60k, for 5g's (you could get it cheaper in cali.)

I beat that thing daily and it never misses a beat. parts are cheap and easy to replace (cheaper than any import) and the performance is hard to beat for something that cheap and reliable. a/c is cold, auto shifts great, and all power accessories work flawlessly.

only repairs/maint I did was new front rotors and pads, new tires and a set of rear shock mounts...that's it! thing handles awesome
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-lost-soul-xxx View Post
                  i only have one car now,and thats the euro e28.
                  I need something to daily and beat with cold ac.

I need sumthing with better fuel that what i get on the e28.
                  I get 20.0 on the highway i wanna garage it,and i finally have a job where i can afford two cars.

Id be open to a e46 330/325i or mk4 gli but no one has them anymore.

Whats the size comparison xb vs element? And it will be a manual. If i have to have a new car im making payments onit has to be somewhat fun.
                  alh tdi
                  Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                    alh tdi
                    MK4,id do. i cant stand mk5

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post

I think I'm the only guy in the shop that doesn't mind working on minis, but I would never own one. I don't like working on my own car, my daily driver that is; working on my toy cars is still fun. Minis need shit done all the time, last thing I want to do on a weekend is some bullshit job on my commuter car.

thanks, this is what i needed to hear.

Comment

Get an mid 90's Jeep Cherokee and do a E30 grill swap. Lifted e30ix wagon, you mad bro?

Comment

I will say though that the mini owners seem to love them and most are willing to look past their neediness and just keep feeding them money. Although one of our techs had one before he started with us; loved it, but saw the writing on the wall with all the ones that we were seeing and pitched his before it had a chance to go downhill.
                          '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                          '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

In the small car land, it would be pretty hard not to go for a Focus these days.
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

A new focus st would be awesome, older focuses meh

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
                                I will say though that the mini owners seem to love them and most are willing to look past their neediness and just keep feeding them money. .

I am not though, i am pulling the E28 off the road to start getting it ready to paint.

Ill look at a fukus

Comment

Working...
                                X