Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth It?

i found a 1 Owner 87 325 locally on CL. I drove it last night and it seems to run strong but could use a suspension refresh and a little TLC. No rust and all stock. Asking price is $3k.

Here is the link... I would appreciate any thoughts on this either positive or negative.

Thanks!
    J. Brand

People are going to say it's expensive, but that's not bad for a rust free MN e30.. IMO, maybe offer $2500

Ray
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
    Rear Diff Rebuild
    Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
    Transfer Case Rebuild
    "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

I would never post an ad of a vehicle that you are interested in a forum of said vehicle. Don't want someone to beat you to it.

Comment

He has all records since new. It's been maintained okay, far from perfect, but likely better than most. I think I can get it for around $2,500.

Comment

If someone wants to snag it before me...so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by abrokenframe View Post
            I would never post an ad of a vehicle that you are interested in a forum of said vehicle. Don't want someone to beat you to it.

I thought this exact thing, but its a 4 door bronzit eta so no worries :rofl:

OP, I think 3k is on the high end, start in the 2s and work your way up. Any money saved from the 3k asking price goes towards making it your own
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thing actually looks familiar. Saw one just like it in Rochester a few months ago at a eruo garage. I stopped by and checked it out. Also was a early model, 4 door, same color, manual, 325, high mileage, last registered in AZ. Smelled like mold, if by chance it is check for water damage.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
              Rear Diff Rebuild
              Transfer Case Rebuild

Comment

Going off the vin it has a salvaged title due to a collision in 2004 just a heads up.

https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

Build Thread
                Rear Diff Rebuild
                Transfer Case Rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by TehRaydarlover View Post
                  Going off the vin it has a salvaged title due to a collision in 2004 just a heads up.

https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck
                  Interesting...he didn't mention that. Might not be what I had hoped. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JayBrand View Post
                    Interesting...he didn't mention that. Might not be what I had hoped. Thanks!

i wouldnt let that sway you too much, as long as it was fixed properly and there isnt any major current issues id stick with it, thats just a good form of leverage on the price for you..
                    IG: haggardfab

Comment

Originally posted by haggardfab View Post
                      i wouldnt let that sway you too much, as long as it was fixed properly and there isnt any major current issues id stick with it, thats just a good form of leverage on the price for you..
                      Agreed .. These are old cars Doesnt take much to make a salvage title.
                      If a sedan is what you want it doesnt seem too bad. Lowball him and see what happens using the salvage title as leverage.

If youre looking for a really clean example local to you.. (91 318is) with M50 I have one partially done but it would be considerably more than what he is asking
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by TehRaydarlover View Post
                        People are going to say it's expensive, but that's not bad for a rust free MN e30.. IMO, maybe offer $2500

Ray
                        qft
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Can you send me details to jasonmbrand@gmail.com

Note - I think we met, you bought a set of wheels from me at walgreens a while back!

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                          Agreed .. These are old cars Doesnt take much to make a salvage title.
                          If a sedan is what you want it doesnt seem too bad. Lowball him and see what happens using the salvage title as leverage.

If youre looking for a really clean example local to you.. (91 318is) with M50 I have one partially done but it would be considerably more than what he is asking

Comment

Originally posted by JayBrand View Post
                            Can you send me details to jasonmbrand@gmail.com

Note - I think we met, you bought a set of wheels from me at walgreens a while back!
                            Oh yeah I dont remember what wheels they were but I remember sitting on the wrong side of walgreens for 20 minutes before we realized we were both there waiting lol
                            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                              Oh yeah I dont remember what wheels they were but I remember sitting on the wrong side of walgreens for 20 minutes before we realized we were both there waiting lol
                              Back in the old behind the Walgreens massage parlor business are we?
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                              X