Whats the best picture uploader for R3V?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IceWhite
    replied
    Wanted to use flickr, but it needed Yahoo. So instead, I now use Imgur.

    No problems so far.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    flikr is through yahoo?

    I just tried to signup and it says I already have an account under my gmail address... weird.

    edit: Ok I think I got it going.
    Last edited by 2mAn; 11-22-2016, 09:55 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    photobucket used to be fine, but lately its absolutely horrible. sadly Im not going to switch to flickr or something else because I already have so many pics on it that it would be a nightmare to try and transfer everything over and rehost the pics.

    I might just do it for my current E30 since thats about 300 pics instead of 1000+ total
    I still have my photobucket for all of the pics that I have already hosted.

    I have just moved onto Flickr for stuff that comes from this point forward.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    photobucket used to be fine, but lately its absolutely horrible. sadly Im not going to switch to flickr or something else because I already have so many pics on it that it would be a nightmare to try and transfer everything over and rehost the pics.

    I might just do it for my current E30 since thats about 300 pics instead of 1000+ total

    Leave a comment:


  • Shock(/\)ave
    replied
    Looks like I'm in the minority that uses postimg.org. It's fast, free, and doesn't link into (anti-)social media for those of us who prefer it that way.

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is
    I notice much much better quality when hosting on Flickr, compared to Photobucket.

    Though this probably wouldn't be an issue if you are uploading cell phone pics, but when you start getting into DSLR territory, Flickr really stands out.
    Yep. Yet another reason why Photobucket sucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by ELVA164
    Seriously though, what's the difference? Pictures are pictures, the site just hosts. Available space? Not an issue. Ease of use? Not an issue.
    I notice much much better quality when hosting on Flickr, compared to Photobucket.

    Though this probably wouldn't be an issue if you are uploading cell phone pics, but when you start getting into DSLR territory, Flickr really stands out.

    Leave a comment:


  • tmacbmw74
    replied
    So when using the R3V image loader your combined size of multiple photos can't be more than 117.2KB in jpeg format? I've tried uploading multiple images on a thread and just comes up as links instead of an image. I've tried flicker as well and it does the same. So I just add one photo per thread reply. I see others can add multiple photos and they appear just fine. Please help!

    here's an example of what happens with multiple photo uploads in one reply
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • pandaboo911
    replied
    Imgur because it's free. Also no need to resize, Imgur has resized BBC code built in.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • JFarhanbod
    replied
    used to use flickr, now I just resize and use imgur.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30NJ
    replied
    I tried flickr and its still telling me "invalid file" :(

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    I prefer to upload the originals to Flickr, choose whichever size I want to share in their super easy interface, and have a permanent backup in the cloud. Paying $2/month for the Pro version is a no-brainer.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    I have all my pictures in a public folder on my DropBox. Then just copy and paste the links. Only thing is you have to have your pictures re-sized, but I just use a Windows PowerTool to re-size everything. Just right click and re-size.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Flickr and imgur. Photobucket is trash, don't want to pay money once 200 people look at my picture or whatever.

    Glad this is the way now, two years ago I was pulling teeth trying to get people to use flickr

    Leave a comment:

Working...