Porsche LSD diaphragm spring for e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche LSD diaphragm spring for e30

I am rebuilding my LSD and noticed the diaphragm spring disc is worn. It is not worn all the way that I can not re-use it, but I do like to replace it. This is a NLA part from BMW. Will the Porsche part work? the part number I have researched is 92833255500.
    sigpic
    327is
    325es
    325es
    318is
    Fiesta ST
    E46 M3

Given the cost of rebuilding a diff? I say buy one and see, they list around 26 each buy it and see what size it is.
    BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

A lot of those parts seem to cross.
      There are small- case parts that do...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

After more research, if the Porsche clutch disc works with the e30 carrier, I think the spring disc will work just fine. I placed an order and see how it made out when it arrives.
        Rebuilding a diff is really not that expensive compare to suspension and other performance upgrades. The lsd diff is probably the most neglected maintenance wear item in the car because it acts just like an open diff once the disc are worn with no ill effect on normal driving.
        I'll post updates on this.
        sigpic
        327is
        325es
        325es
        318is
        Fiesta ST
        E46 M3

Comment

Update: Does not meet BMW specs.

BMW

Porsche

BMW

Porsche
          sigpic
          327is
          325es
          325es
          318is
          Fiesta ST
          E46 M3

Comment

This is the worn spring disc on the 3.73. the only explanation for the wear is the compression movement against the housing because this part does not spin against other surface. It is between the dog ear and the housing.
            The other 2.91 I disassembled has zero wear.

sigpic
            327is
            325es
            325es
            318is
            Fiesta ST
            E46 M3

Comment

Working...
            X